Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#133384 05/05/07 02:53 PM
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Evening guys,

I'm looking into a few wireless headsets that will fit T7316 and T7208 headset jacks for a medical clinic.

I searched back through the old 'headset' posts, and found a reference to the Plantronics CS50. I found Plantronics Headset at this website . I'm not sure if this has the correct connector or if I will have to get a mutli-purpose headset modulator such as this one.

I'm not sure what the difference between the headset I posted and the "Wireless Office Headset System" that is much more expensive.

Thanks,

Kris

Kristopher
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#133385 05/05/07 04:27 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Kris, we've installed about 15 of the CS50's and they work well. You need nothing other than the CS50 for the NT 7208/7316. The only problem we have had has nothing to do with the phone and is apparently a known problem for Plantroncs. Sometimes you have static or short battery life, usually cleared by disconnecting and reconnecting battery.
By the way, you need to make a special cable for P'sonic 76XX phones to use the headset feature in the phone system.
Not true for NT, just program HF/Mute button and plug CS50 into headset jack, NOT handset jack and use HF/Mute for on/off.
CS50 is a really nice piece of equipment. And since I HATE headsets, (they usually come back to bite you)you know I'm impressed. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#133386 05/05/07 04:33 PM
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Great! Thanks for the input John.

Kristopher
#133387 05/05/07 04:47 PM
Kris, I forgot! I do not remember if we had to do this for CS50 on NT. Sometimes we have to make up a reverse polarity cord for NT, depending on the make and model of handset. Not hard, just cut off plug and put new one on upside down. No promise, but I will try to check Monday.
And the special adapter cord P'tronics supplies ,with the little electronic network, we have done without, sucessfully, in Panasonic applications. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#133388 05/05/07 05:04 PM
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I don't have a crimp tool or plugs for handset cables, but I should be able to buy one in town if needed. Hopefully I won't have to go through that step.

What do you mean adapter cord 'with the little electronic network'?

Kristopher
#133389 05/05/07 05:07 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Just so you know the CS55 & CS70 models are newer.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#133390 05/05/07 08:15 PM
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Dave.

As usual customers are trying to save money for a good product, but the CS70 isn't much more expensive than the CS50 I found.

Thanks for the input!

Kris

Kristopher
#133391 05/09/07 01:00 PM
Ok, Chris! Got a chance to REALLY try out CS50 on M7310. There does have to be a turnover in the adapter cord. Plug doctored cord into HEADSET jack, not handset jack and make sure phone has Speakerphone programmed. Just like all other headset apps for NT. I carefully wrote down CS50 settings and left 'em at work, so here goes. On the base unit, Switch on bottom on 'B', Rotary switch on side set to '1', Rxer switch on back set at '4', I-II switch on side set to 'II'. Connect base to headset jack. Seize line in speakerphone mode with headset turned on, make a call and set tx level with up and down buttons on back of base. Set rx level with little rocker wheel on headset.
The electronic network appears to be a couple of PC resistors soldered to a circuit board that is in the adapter cable that comes with the CS50. (Realize that the CS50 is arranged to also work with phones that don't have headset jacks, that is why it is arranged so that you CAN plug it into handset jack and plug hanset cord into base unit.) I just use a chunk of handset cord and put a new end on 'turned over'.
By the way, we finally had an out of warranty failure,headset would not 'subscibe' (register) to its base, or any other base for that matter. A known good headset would subscribe to the base and work fine. New headset costs about 1/2 of what whole new set costs.
Last but not least, these units are NOT cheap, but they work VERY well, in the right application. Fully charged battery works full time talk about 4 hours. With reasonable care, good for an 8 hour shift. Recharge from dead 4 hours. Battery can be changed,but not something I'd like to do halfway thru a shift, teeny-tiny-tedious.
If they are going to share this, or any, headset, make them understand the ear infection possibility/probability. If they STILL insist on sharing, recommend they use alcohol wipes when changing users. And this applies to you as the tester, installer. Take some wipes along and use them when testing a unit. Wipe before AND after. You don't want to give or get an ear infection. Remember this, the stuff in your ear is different from the stuff in everyone elses ear. Your stuff doesn't bother you, and their stuff doesn't bother them, but mix 'em, and you got 'trouble', just like River City. smile John C.

#133392 05/09/07 04:28 PM
Remember this, the stuff in your ear is different from the stuff in everyone elses ear. Your stuff doesn't bother you, and their stuff doesn't bother them, but mix 'em, and you got 'trouble', just like River City.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#133393 05/11/07 02:27 AM
Topher, just to add a twist to all of this, you also have to be concerned with meeting HIPAA standards in most medical clinics and the CS70 I believe is encrypted as where the CS50 isn't. I have had minimal dealings with this situation but would hate to see someone get some kind of legal mumbo jumbo over something as petty as that. Might look into it further before supplying the medical facility with any headsets.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and panicking like the passengers in his car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,564 Shoretel
189,433 CTX100 install
187,598 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 121 guests, and 230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024