web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I need to take a startalk flash from 1.5 to 1.9 software. What is the best way to do so and has anyone been successful without losing the programming in it.

Thanks, I am eager to know, what everyone has found out with this.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Huffditty
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

The programming for the flash is in the flash itself not the software card. I would say I have had a 90% sucess rate on the powering it down and replacing the software. It is the older flashes that usually default. Why are you upgrading to 1.9???

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
I am under the impression they will get more mailbox space is this correct?

Thanks,
Huffditty
Mailbox space?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
Number of mailboxes and storage space are hardware driven on the flash not software. There some variations in capabilities in software versions, but mostly flash version upgrades are for compatibility with different norstar versions.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
So do you guys think my only options are to change out the unit itself? Or are are flash units the same shell? That is what I am hearing from you guys, I have some docs that indicate that mailbox size and message length are different from one software version to another. Is this not true in you opinion. I just want to do what I have promised, and thank for the great input.

Thanks,
Huffditty
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
The only way to increase "mailbox size" as in the number of mailboxes & total record time is to upgrade from a Flash 2 to a Flash 4 with a hardware addition. That is assuming you presently have a Flash 2.

As stated above software won't do it.

If you need to go from a Flash 2 to 4, PM me, I think I have a couple of the upgrades in stock.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Mailbox message times can be adjusted by changing the Class of Service. See the manual for different spec on each COS.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
I am aware of that telmarv, I need over all message size per mailbox to be increased. from like 20 min to 40 (for example).

Thanks,
Huffditty
Then you'll have to change the COS for all the mailboxes that you need that much space from whatever it is to class 7 or 8.

Keep in mind this REDUCES the message retention from 30 days to 15, as well as other values. Read the Set Up Guide for details.

Regardless of the COS, users must sometimes be taken by the hand to get them to check their messages & delete them on a regular basis.

I've found that no matter how many minutes they have, it'll always be full for the ones that complain....as they're the same ones that don't maintain their boxes properly.

As with most things in life, nothing is free or without consequences.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 13
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 106 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024