web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am consulting a local business with their BCM50 that was installed on 10/05 with the latest software version available then. They also have Callpilot software. - At night they manually redirect an incoming line to an external number but the caller CID is lost when that happens and shows the office number. The incoming line is coming in through an 800# that is pointed at a local POTS line that rings into the switch. Last night we tested the CID transfer by dialing the POTS line and the CID info was transfered but when we call the 800# the CID info is lost. Interesting quirk is that the CID always shows up when the redirect is not in place.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I'm surprised you have any CLID on a redirected POTS line.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
ok spif you really thought about it
Incomming call on copper
redirected of outgoing copper
Not networked on a PRI

=

redirected CID will show outgoing tel number

not

inbound caller id info

OP Offline
but the funny thing is that if i call the local number directly not using the 800# the CID transfers through.. and I wouldn't trip if the CLID wasn't coming through at all on the 800# cause i know it's LEC thing.. but if the call isn't redirected the CID shows up at the set where the call terminates.. that's what has me confounded..

the office uses a PRI but I almost 100% certain that this particular line is a POTS line..

OP Offline
ok found out some more information. the 800# rings into a POTS line the is then assinged to ring on a dedicated PRI Line. All CID info shows until we redirected the PRI line. if we call the PRI # direct, however, the CID follows the call. I'm dumfounded.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024