web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi:
Recently installed Norstar system, to page external speakers from the analog tel. sets we have to do flash hook*620 to page all zones. Is there any way around the flash hook?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
WELCOME TO THE BOARD etkulluk welcome
NO. Flash Hook+STAR(*) equals the Feature Key. Then you enter the code of 620 or 630 or whatever you want.
Just like on a Digital phone, you press FEATURE 620. Can't get around that either......except programming a key with the code. But then the key sends the FEATURE code for you. But it still has to be sent.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply, kind of thought that was going to be the answer but thought that I would ask. About 100 analog telephones on board the Rig and Rig guys don't have the patience to mess around with the flash hook. I think I'll look at some external interface, know of anything good that I could use?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Don't know if you want to change out your page amp or maybe your present amp would accept a different source as well. I think Valcom and some other mfg's interface with a trunk port or maybe an analog port. If you have a spare trunk port, put that port in its own line pool....say dial 7.
Then you pick up the analog phone and dial 7 and your into the paging system. Or if it can use an analog station port, you pick up the analog phone and dial an extension-example x245- and you have access to your page unit. Just a thought. Check your present amp and see if it will take other sources other than Page output.
Of course if you end up replacing the amp make sure the new one works with the speakers or you will have to replace all the speakers, too.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
If they insist on not using the flash hook, sell them system phones....$$$$$

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Thanks guys, think I'll look at the valcom interface.

Gary

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
1 more direction. Sell them s/l phones with speed dial bins and put 'Flash 620' in a bin. Better be a phone with speed dial buttons, or you're right back where you started from. Make sure the phone you sell them is capable of that string. Some phones can't have a flash 1st, and sometimes not at all, in the speed dial string! John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Hi:
Unfortunately new phones are out of the question, approx. 100 analog sets on the Rig, most of them are explosion proof class 1 div 1 phones. Seems my only option is to go with some kind of paging system interface.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
Much appreciated!
Gary

Whoa, I didn't even think about the Explosion angle. Haven't had to deal with that in 4 years. How easily/soon we forget! John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024