web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm attempting to setup 4 extentions which will automatically grab a PRI-A line and dial a cell number. The setup is for four sales people who will never be in the office so it needs to be pretty permanent. I could do this using call transfer (feature 4) on the system but would have to leave 4 extentions / jacks active in the office with call forward active, I don't want to do this.

(I normally have set relocation on)

My lines are setup as follows:

Lines 1 to 23 – PRI – A
These are the T-1 Lines I want to use for outbound transfer) (When I pick up a phone and dial 9, it grabs one of these lines)

Line 31 – xxx-1111 – Loop – Pool C

Line 32 – xxx-2222– Loop – Pool B

Line 33 – xxx-3333 – Loop – Pool B

Line 34 – xxx-4444 – Loop – Pool B

Line 61 – xxx-5555 – Loop – Pool B

Line 62 – xxx-6666 – Loop – Pool C

Line 63 – xxx-7777 – Loop – Pool E

In the call pilot, I set the mailbox outdial type to line and line # to 9 (also tried 1, 10, etc)

On the set, I went to outbound transfer / admin / selected phone / entered 9+1+10 digit phone number (915555555555 then set transfer to ON and exited.

When I dial into the phone system, then the extention and dial 7 as the voice message is playing, I get "the person you have called is not available" then the voice message plays again.

I can make it work if it forwards to another internal extention but can't seem to get it to grab a line from PRI-A and dial a number outside of the system.

Any help would be appreciated.

note: if I set the mailbox outbound transfer to Pool 1 in the call pilot, I get the message "routing resources are busy" then the voice message repeats.

Thanks again;

dschafer

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

you have to set up outdail tranfer to use the routing talble to dail out when u build the mailbox.Set it up to use the same route as the pri and you will be set.

welcome To both of you.

Freetime is correct. For your condition the voice mail will only out transfer using a route.

Also you must have your telco enable trunk to trunk transfer on the T1.

Since this a "permanent" setup for these 4 employees, you can save the step of having to dial "7" by setting up CCR external transfer routing.

ex. Thanks for calling ABC company for Jim press 1. The call is routed to Jim's cell.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
I had attempted to use a route, The route number being 001 but call pilot would only take the number 1, not 001. the number 1 did not work when I functional tested that. I do need to check the trunk to trunk transfer. Where do I look for this setting?

Thanks;

Dave

You don't put in the route number. You enter the destination code for the route.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,331 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (milt rock), 135 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024