Rate Thread
#139103 05/30/08 11:50 AM
codytx2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that wants 3 ringing services:

Normal: All phones ring then drt sends caller to AA

Schedule 4: AA answers all incoming calls

Schedule 5: One group of phones ring only

I currently have them set as above and operates generally under schedule 4. The customer wants a way to stop the half ring that happens between a call coming in & AA answering. I have the callpilot set to answer immediately and as the prime set for the drt for the normal ringing service. Can i omit the normal service and create another ringing service for when they want all phones to ring, switch "appear & ring" on extensions to "appear only", and the drt still work? They also want to be able to CFB their hunt groups to VM when not all the phones are busy. Each extension is a essentially a hunt group w/ one digital phone and analog cordless.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#139104 05/30/08 12:38 PM
" They also want to be able to CFB their hunt groups to VM when not all the phones are busy ."
How many Hunt group do you have? You can Overflow to mailbox on Busy or No answer.

#139105 05/30/08 01:01 PM
Cody, The problem you have is workable.

Keep in mind that any ringing service you set also includes Normal ringing. So any DN that has lines that appear and ring in normal ringing mode, these lines/DN's will also ring during any other ringing service. Hence why you get the 1/2 ring in schedlue 4. Unfortunately you can "get rid" of normal ring mode, but you can set things up that it is never used.

Step 1 remove all A&R's and replace them with Appear only. Set DRT to none. If you use anything other than none the DRT will kick in immediately regardless of the number of rings you progrm because there are no phones ringing. This is a design feature of Norstar. Now when a call comes in normal mode nothing happens except flashing buttons. Normal is "eliminated".

Now you will have to create 3 ringing services.

Ringing Shedule 1 (Call it Day or whatever)
Have all sets in it (except voice mail). Use the built in answer delay on the Call pilot to answer lines after the number of rings you want.

Schedule 4 and 5 as you decribed it above. remember that the AA will answer in schedule 5 after the ring delay in the CP.

Hunt Groups:
Create a mailbox for each group and overflow the HG to the CP DN.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
#139106 05/31/08 01:49 AM
"The customer wants a way to stop the half ring that happens between a call coming in & AA answering."

You can set the VM DN as the prime set for the lines to defeat the half ring, as long as the DNs do not have the lines set for A&R, but set to Appear only.

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E 5.5 CallPilot 5.0
MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith"
Albert Einstein
#139107 05/31/08 05:43 AM
codytx2 Offline OP
OP Offline
telemarv,
What about leaving an unused phone in an office on A&R so i can still use the drt? 90% of the time it operates w/ the AA answering all calls so i dont want to change the delayed answering in the VM itself.

I have the hunt groups set up correctly they were just wondering if i could make them appear busy when one phone is in use since they have two phones in their office, one being analog and one being digital. The phones already CFNA to the mailbox for the individual hunt group.

#139108 05/31/08 08:42 AM
If my memory serves me right there is seting in Hunt group for Busy: Busy or Queue. make it busy. BTW CFNA it is not for Hunt Group it's for direct Ext. calls: AA or Icm. For Hunt Group is Overflow choice.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,559 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (hitechcomm, justbill, BOBSOLDJUNK), 169 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024