web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tn Tech Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a BCM 400 that will be networked via ip trunks to two remote BCM 50 systems. The BCM 400 at the main location will host the centralized voicemail. I do have the MCDN keys in the BCM 400 for the network capability. My concern is the customer is using three digit dn's and I'm not sure how to make connection from the remote to the main site for voicemail. Do I just create another route over the ip trunks to for the remote sites to access the voicemail? Also what would I actually put under their forwarding options at the remotes for each set? My VM hunt grp number is 600 on the BCM 400. Any input is appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

You have to create a Routs with leading digits that will carry over a destination number follow Target lines set up. I would strongly suggest go to 4 digits numbering plan. It's easy to operate this way. You have to create a Rout with 600 as a digits to be able to CFA to VM. Your capabilities for CFNA has to include access code follow 600 for the Rout you created.

Tn Tech Offline OP
OP Offline
I appreciate your input, and I will work on that in a few. The customer would not budge on the extension change so 3 digit DN's are what I'm using. I will set-up an additional route to carry the Vm hunt gruop number back to the main site. Thanks again for the input.

Shoot me an email and I'll send you a step by step setup for centralized VM.

Or if some admin will tell me how, I'll add it to the faq section.

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E 5.5 CallPilot 5.0
MITEL 5000 3300 NuPoint

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith"
Albert Einstein

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,408 Shoretel
189,167 CTX100 install
187,427 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024