Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#139885 08/07/08 01:38 AM
Paul L Offline OP
OP Offline
This is a long one. I have 3 questions. Two on the Call Pilot and one on MOH. The hard one first.
I have a client that wants the AA to answer immediately I did that. No problem. In the after hours message he wants to tell the caller to dial ext. 221. He then wants to call forward ext. 221 to a cell phone for after hours service. Can anyone help me out on this one?
I believe the next two questions are easy. For some reason I am having trouble with them.
When the AA answers and you press 0 for the attendant it goes to ext.21 but only rings about a half a ring then it gets the generic message.
What in the program allows the phone to ring before it goes to the operators mailbox and where do you set up the operators greeting? The ext. has a mailbox and has been set up and has been call forwarded to voice mail after 4 rings.
Last, I have connected MOH on the Nortel MICS before on the yellow orange pair. When I tried this time and went to plug in the device I got sparks. Now, as you know the MICS is an 0X32 and I only have one amphenol comming off the system for ext.'s because they were only hooking up 5 ext.'s. Should the second amphenol be punched down in order to use that yellow orange pair for MOH? Whatever you can tell me on these would be appreciated. I know this looks like a novel. Sorry

Paul

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#139886 08/07/08 02:20 AM
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Yes MOH is yell/org on the second amph cable.

First you say x221 then you say x21 gotta be one or the other.

Then you say you have x221 fwd to cell phone.
Well if someone hits 0 and it goes to x221, well a quick ring and it goes off to the cell.

If you have your after hours going to a cell phone, do it from CALL PILOT.
For after hours on call rep please press 3.
Then 3 goes to the cell phone.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
#139887 08/07/08 05:14 AM
Paul L Offline OP
OP Offline
yellow orange on the second amp cable......got that....was hoping I didn't hve to punch down that second one......oh well.....the ext. thing was just my typing......it is ext. 221....i want to set it up so that if someone calls the business after hours they get a greeting telling them to go to ext. 221 and then that ext. is call forwarded to a cell phone that is being used for after hours customer service....i don't have it set up to do that yet because i'm not quite sure how to do it.....that's what i need help on.....the other thing is when you press 0 for the operator it goes to ext. 221 as the operator's ext. and only rings about a half a ring then you get the generic message from the call pilot for the operator's mailbox.....i need to know two things...where in the call pilot do i set up a personal greeting for the operators mailbox and how can i get it to ring 4 rings when someone dials 0 for the operator....i hope i worded all this right that it makes sense. Everything else is fine.

Paul

#139888 08/07/08 02:58 PM
Paul,
It has to be cell phone or 0 unless 0 is set up for different ext. then 221 because 0 will go to cell phone at least at Night mode. In the day mode check up on the status of the Operator in F982. Greeting for Operator set up in MB 221 by dialing F981. If Operator 's status "No" then all calls would be end up in general mailbox 100 w/ system's Announcement:" Operator is not available". Forwarding can be done in the way that NT suggested which is the best way by using Routing, or in Ext's
Capabilities for NA set up. In the second choice you have to change that set up during the day and Night operation manually.

BTW take a look if you have Ext.221 set up in the MB 221. Seems to me it's a Guest MB.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,751 Shoretel
189,830 CTX100 install
187,950 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024