Print Thread
Rate Thread
#140580 09/27/08 08:07 AM
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Hey Guys,

Anybody around on a Saturday? Ya, I know, there are better things to be doing than trying to recover a crashed BCM 3.7! But here goes:

I'm about to try to image a new 80GB hard drive using Norton Ghost 14.0 in the interest of saving time (not having to order Nortel's BIT).

What I'm wondering though, is if there are specific files/directories that can be copied from the old HD in order to save the Vmail setup & recordings. Any ideas?

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#140581 09/28/08 10:34 AM
So how did this work out for you? I've heard of imaging the drive with Norton ghost, but have never done it. Shouldn't imaging the drive recreate those voice mail files?

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
#140582 10/02/08 04:43 PM
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Wow, this has not been any fun @ all. Didn't have any luck with Ghost 14.0 - it doesn't read .GHO files. Got a copy of Ghost 7.0 (2003) - it's too old. Downloaded Ghost 9.0 - it caused my PC to crash everytime. Yuk...

Finally got the DOS program GHOST.EXE & ran in DOS mode. That seems to work. Meanwhile, the copy of BIT came in but I can't seem to get Unified Manager working after the re-image. BCM, phones, voicemail (default) comes up but can't log in via web page. Can only SSH in using puTTY - so I know the IP setting are ok.

I'm really hating this!

Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
#140583 10/04/08 01:45 AM
Tek-tips had a good response to the norton ghost release which details all parameters. I believe the tech recommended ghost 8.0
curious but did it crash from an upgrade to 4.0? we had this problem on an upgrade and realized that for whatever reason the upgrade exe can be corrupt when downloaded. Caveat : be sure to check the number of bits in the download against the exe before starting.

Toner check your Java revision. I had this problem a while back where I could pull up the Unified manager but nothing would happen when I tried to click the buttons. I had to revert back to an older release of Java to correct the problem. This seems to be common in the 3.7 BCM. also FYI once you find the correct release change your java settings to " not check for updates"

hope this helps

#140584 10/04/08 01:17 PM
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
The re-image worked, but only after "initializing" the hard drive (through PuTTY or COM port). It takes nearly an hour for the initialization to run...

Then I started on the 4.0 upgrade, which worked just fine.

I can see the light @ the end of the tunnel!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,685 Shoretel
189,701 CTX100 install
187,888 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (MooreTel), 118 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024