web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
I cannot access my Call Pilot's CP Manager using Internet Explorer. I type in the call pilot's IP address in the address bar eg: https://203.250.92.50 but no page is displayed. I was able to get in intitially to setup the IP address and other Initial info using a serial cable and the Hyper Terminal program. What was strange is that I could not do the same using a crossover ethernet cable and a PC initially. That's why I had to do it via a serial cable. I can ping the IP address of the CP 150 on the LAN, but cannot access the CP manager via IE. This is a brand new Call Pilot. Any suggestions? Thanks.

That's No moon, its a space station!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Here's how we get into CP Manager on our Option 11: the full address is (eg) "https://203.250.92.50/cpmgr" You need that "cpmgr" at the end.
One other thing. Instead of 203.250, it is customary to use the set 192.168.ccc.ddd for internal IP addresses, so the CP is hidden from the outside.

I always use Mozilla Firefox; I've seen couple of instances where IE would not work, but Firefox will every time. SlimBrowser has the same problem, as it is an IE modification

Mozilla is "independant".

On a BCM it's https://ipaddress/callpilotmanager

Yes, I'm a frenchie; have a problem with that?? Well, I do!!
itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. The CP address of 203.250.92.50 is an internal IP address behind a Firewall and it worked fine for our Old Call Pilot. The problem is I couldn't even access the cpmgr using a crossover ethernet cable and a PC with the same IP range as the call Pilot. I haven't however, tried using a different browser such as Firefox. I will try that and see if I make any progress, although I doubt it will work since I had no trouble accessing the previous Call Pilot cpmgr using IE:7. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will let you know if I make any progress.

couldn't even access the cpmgr using a crossover ethernet cable and a PC with the same IP range as the call Pilot

Well, troubleshoot your NIC; it seems to be the problem. You should ping your address while plugged in with your crossover, if it doesn't work, it probably is your NIC that is defective.

Try booting the pc into safe mode and then try accessing the CP using a web browser. You can try to ping it also. If it then works, it must be a process running in the background thats causing the problem (happens on my laptop).

I notice that my laptop turns off the nic card if I run on laptop battery power and don't plug in the power supply. As soon as I use the power supply, it activates the nic card and all is well.

Jim

itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, turns out I made, I guess a pretty stupid mistake. When I initally tried to setup the cp using a crossover cable, the cp was not connected to the phone system. Apparently in order to access the cp mgr for the first time the unit must be connected with ports on the phone system. I was trying to do this offline using a PC and crossover ethernet cable. I guess I had forgotten this important step since the last time I setup a Call Pilot 5 years ago. Anyway, thanks for all the good advice and sorry to make such an amateur like mistake. Problem solved.

lol

I would never have thought of asking THAT question!!!

itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
Since my primary occupation is an IT Manager, I am not always doing phone system stuff. I have over the years done a lot of programming for many different phone systems. This is a phone system I installed myself at our MI office though I am located in TN. All the troubleshooting I did with this system was done with the help of an onsite employee. (lots of room for error and mis-communication) It is a dumb over site on my part and I laugh to think about it. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and help. This site is an awesome fountain of knowledge and a great help to me being that this is not my primary area of skill.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 104 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024