Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a new customer who just upgraded his service which was centrex (pots)and now has a digital circut with analog hand off no more centrex
I can dial a 9 to get an outside line and dial the number and it works fine but when I get directly on the line the system wont let me dial 1 plus numbers if I leave out the 1 and just dial the area code it works .Iknow this has something to do with centex but how do I shut it off

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

There is toll restriction in place on the system. It will have to be adjusted since you no longer are required to dial the centrex 9.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
I did not see any toll restriction .there was this area in program that had to do with centrex it was called "Beyond Centrex"that is where I removed the dial "9" which allowed me to make calls by dialing 9 to get an outside line then dial my number which works fine .The problem is on the reception phone it is set up a squared key when I press a line and then dial a 1 plus number it denys me as soon as I press the second digit but if I pres the line key and dial with out a 1 there is this little symbol tht appears before the number its almost like routing is set up were it is adding a 1 but I could not find routing in this version of software

Look under Set Filters in capabilites...probably has 91 restricted so remove the 9 there also.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
all the phone are using set filter 02 & the lines are all filter 03 with no restictions .ts just a littel odd I can dial out by lifting the handset (Itercom dial tone )Dial 9 get an outside line then dial any phone number and the call goes thru. The problem is only when I press the lines that appear on the main phone where they seem to be restricted but if I dial 9 from this same phone the call goes thru

You obviously have no understanding of toll restriction filters or call routes and destination codes. This is basic Norstar programming. The professional thing to do is pass or sub-contract this customer to a qualified technician or obtain proper Norstar training.

I know this is not the answer you are seeking, but this forum not a classroom for technicians.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
Marv
This Norstar is older version (DR5) with centrex software .I did not see in this system anything about Call routes and destination codes which I am very familar with .This is why I am using this post. I am certified on the Norstar and have been working on them for years .How can you say that the phones are restricted if I can dial out with no problem by dialing a trunk access code of(9) my number and it works fine. The problem only occurs when I am on a line and try to dial out .I know the problem is in the phone system my question to you is where is in the programing you have responed to my question twice so far but have yet to answer it .Just so you understand there is no real problem I was just curious becuase I have never seen or used this centrex software

What your saying is line 1 is in pool, its assigned to the phone as line 1.
Whne you dial 9 to access line 1 you can dial out.
But if you press line 1 you cannot dial out.
Correct?

You mention phones use filter 2 and lines use filter 3....thats means nothing!!!
Filters can be edited so you need to look at those filters as you did not mention what those fiters are restricting.

As a test create filter 05 and no restrictions
Add 06 filter and restrict 900

Go to Filters/Lines and make sure they use filter 05
Then go to Filter/Sets under your test DN and make sure it uses 06.

Try dialling and see what happens?

As a note if it says "Call Restricted" on the display then I guarantee it lies within restiction filters be it applied to line or sets.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
the filters said there were no restrictions so I assumed there were no restictions .
It doesnt say "call restricted" it just make a tone and kicks me out .This is only when I get directly on any one of the 7 lines that appear on the main phone if I dont dial a 1 and just the area code the call will go thru and there is this funky littel symbol that appears before the first digit it does seem like its adding the one becuase the call will go thru

What is the symbol?

Check Dialling Plan and Centrex Transfer headings.

Is this 8X24?

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,125 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024