web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#145796 02/08/10 03:59 AM
OP Offline
First, I am new here but from what I read so far, this is what the internet is all about. That said, here is my quandry.

I have a need to do administration of the voice mail accounts remotely. I can do what I need by using the <feature> xxx of the T7316 but I have no way of providing the digital equilavent of the <feature> button remotely, nor the three buttons below the display.

First, is there a key combination that is interpreted as the <feature> and the three buttons from a remote phone?

What I really need is software (windows based) that will allow me to manage the lines remotely.

Now for those concerned about security, we have a system whereby we actually assign new mailboxes to individual lines as needed. We delete the old mailbox ID and add a new one for the line. It takes about 12 minutes to do one manually and we now need to do over 200 every month or week. Automation is needed.

So, is there a list of key presses that replicate what I need or is there any software available that would do the job?

Thank you in advance
Mike

Michael Godfrey
Director IT
MayRiver Technologies
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
You should probably start with your local telephone company. Your voicemail system can likely be connected to your network - which would allow you to VPN in and program remotely. This method is possible for either Call Pilot or BCM systems (if you have the older Startalk, you'll need an upgrade)

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
A RAD would give you access to the system remotely. The only drawback is the RAD works off of dial up. It would display a replica of an M7310 or M7324 on your screen. Then you would simply click the same keys, just as if you are onsite in front of the telephone. It does require Nortel NRU software.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
welcome
Please specify which Nortel system you are working with.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 167 guests, and 289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024