web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I apologize about my post, but I am new to phone systems and might not have given enough info about what I have, but I am stuck.

The auto attendant msg that follows my recorded msg is giving options to press a selection that is no longer valid, but I can not find where to control the system msg.

Any advice, guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Depending on how it is setup, it could be in the "AA" (Auto Attendant) or in the "CCR" (Custom Call Routing table). More info needed to be able to direct you, however if you are unsure of how to program Nortel mail I highly recommend calling in someone who does.

Do you have access to the administration programing for the Voice Mail? If not, you have no choice but to call in someone as passwords are not given out here.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
I do have all passwords and access.
I have the System Coordinator Guide book and the Installer Guide book, but have not found the exact piece of info I am looking for.

I looked through the F983 > AA > GRTG > GRTG > 1 OK and when I choose PLAY, it is my recorded msg.

When a caller calls in, they heear my msg, and then right after, there is a female voice that gives prompts to number selections for options that we don't monitor.

Since I have poked around all I think there is to the AA options, maybe it is in the CCR, as you mention.
Can you guide me through some possibilities or tell me what to get to supply the info you need to help me.

thank you

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
EZ way to see if it's "AA" or "CCR". What are the options:

a) Extensions (Like for John press 22, Mike press 26, etc", or

b) "For Acct'g, press 1, Shipping, press 2, etc."

Example "A" is "AA", "B" is "CCR", whichever it is, that's the section of the book to look into.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Originally posted by ITphoneGuy:

When a caller calls in, they heear my msg, and then right after, there is a female voice that gives prompts to number selections for options that we don't monitor.

Is that female voice norstar "Nora". In other words, is it the same voice you here when you log into a vmail box or does it sound like someone different.

OP Offline
Rustynails,

Same voice.
Didnt know it had a name, NORA.
Nice to learn something new already this early in the morning.
:-)

And to answer MoorTel, the options given are for number selections, so must be option B which you say is CCR.

I looked again through the 2 books I have, and could not find any mention of CCR.

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
Check the index for Custom Call Routing...it's there, but as I warned before, this is not for an amateur....you could cause major problems and end up costing a whole lot more in the long run.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
ITphoneGuy: First - please fill in your profile for your location, put in a city. Thanks.

To check what you are looking for:
In your Voice Mail admin look under the line to see what table is used to answer that line.
Then in the table you can check the Greeting number and the CCR (if used) may have a Menu Prompt also. Also under the table is the AA menu prompt - You may need to disable it.

And if you mess it up - then call in a qualified Nortel Tech.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
NTlayoff,

Thanks for the feedback.
I have update my profile.

I was able to dig a little deeper today in the setting on the system.
Found the info on the KSU, MODs, Sys Ver, etc.
All the diging though, I could not find any option listing anything to do w/ the CCR.
I found CSU STATS, but no CCR setup menu.
Accessing from a set, am I going about finding this the right way?
We use M7324 Meridian sets. 2 line displays.
Is there any way to jack into the KSU or mods directly w/ a PC type software to make this a little easier?
I see a 3.5" floppy drive on one of the units.
Maybe the CCR is access through an option number vs. a LCD option, and so I dont know that I am at that place in the system, ???????
I did turn off the AA and so no automated answering took affect, but couldnt leave it that way, so enabled it again, but then I get both answering msgs, mine and NORA's.

Anybody have any direction on where to read, or call, contact to find out how to disable NORA?

Or at least, configure her options.

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
OP Offline
I just found the CCR.
F983 and then OTHER.
Gives me 2 options.
GLIST CCR
CCR ADMIN > ADMIN
prompts for tree:
If I supply a number, it says TREE ENABLED and then gives my 3 options.
CHNG PRINT QUIT

can anyone tell me where the PRINT option prints?
I think this is what I have been looking for, but need to be able to get it printed.

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024