Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I've got a client with CCR options that route calls into a hunt group and all of the extensions in the group are set to ring at the same time so that anyone in that group can answer the call. Simple enough.

The problem is that certain customers are direct-dialing one of those extensions in the group, which causes that phone to ring individually. This is "freaking out" some of the other folks since they can't answer the phone, and having them dial a feature code or even hit a button programmed to dial that feature code to do a group pickup is pretty much out of the question... many of these folks are not comfortable with technology at all.

Is it possible to restrict incoming callers from direct-dialing to that extension? I haven't tried it but I am assuming that having her create a circular reference by forwarding her phone to the hunt group she's in won't work.

I'd be grateful for any insight or info that anyone could provide on this problem.

Thanks!

- Phil

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I would think that if you set the target for that incoming number to the hunt group would solve your problem. Others here with more experience with DID's & PRI's will confirm.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Are we talking DID's or an Ext from AA?

AA
Nothing you can do to prevent aside from removing Intercom key or forward set to HuntGroups DN.

DID
Remove the DID from that set.

Bottom line is you cant just stop "some callers" unless you know their phone number, if you do go into F983 option 11 and setup the Caller ID route.

Also make sure that the OLI is set for the Huntgroups phone number and not the ext or DID....so when they call out only the main number shows up.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

CurlyCord,

I saw you answer, "... go into F983 option 11 and ...".
Is there someplace I can find the list of options for a function. I have F915, and F980 thru F987 avail, that I know of.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Curlycord:
Are we talking DID's or an Ext from AA?

AA
Nothing you can do to prevent aside from removing Intercom key or forward set to HuntGroups DN.

DID
Remove the DID from that set.

Bottom line is you cant just stop "some callers" unless you know their phone number, if you do go into F983 option 11 and setup the Caller ID route.

Also make sure that the OLI is set for the Huntgroups phone number and not the ext or DID....so when they call out only the main number shows up.
Thanks CC,

It is AA and I was tempted to try forwarding that set back to the Hunt Group but figured it wouldn't work and might even cause some bizarre behavior by creating a circular reference: (HG rings set > set forwards to Hunt Group which rings set which forwards to HG which rings set... etc.

That set still needs to ring when a call comes in on that Hunt Group. If you think that will work and the system will only forward it once, then I'll give that a try. Thanks a bunch.

- Phil

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,104 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024