web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#146268 03/23/10 06:36 AM
OP Offline
Does anyone know of a way to automatically copy a voicemail message received in one mailbox to another? If not is there a way to light the mw indicator at another set if the other set also has it's own mailbox? Thanks folks.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Neither are possible. Best you can do is use message notification to call 2nd ext when a voice mail is left in mailbox of 1st ext.

Or share one mailbox.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Does unified messaging help you at all? Just a thought, send it to another users PC....

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
Or setup Off Premise Notify in mailbox.
Set it to call out Internal/DN or even Internal/HG DN

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
The remote notification might work and I may try that. For now the client is just checking the mailbox routinely for messages and it seems acceptable to them. Thank you all for the help!

Assign alternate extensions to subscribers who need to have two or three extensions on the same
system. For example, an engineer may have a lab phone and a desk phone. When you set up the
mailbox, assign the lab phone as the alternate extension. When the engineer is in the lab they see
Message Waiting Indication when they receive a message on their primary extension, and they can
log on and hear the message in their mailbox.

I'm not sure if this helps, but the alternate ext cannot have a mailbox of it's own.

OP Offline
Hey Russell, thanks for the response. My situation is actually the obverse. I need two (or more) mailboxes and one phone. In a perfect world I would setup the phone to have more than one msg.waiting indicator and the set user would be aware they have a message for shipping and one for their own personal box. Since this isn't possible with the system I was hoping to light up the one msw led for more than one box and they would have to check both. Anyhoo they are ok with just checking vmail without an indicator.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024