web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#146336 03/30/10 08:22 AM
OP Offline
System is a MICS 7.0 with CP100. 8 channels on a PRI with 11 DID's configured on lines 157-167

Customer wants to have all incoming calls from public DIDs (8 of the 11) to ring at all phones, roll over to AA if not answered in 5 rings and roll to VM after 4 rings if a user does not answer his/her ext.

Appropriate lines ring at all ext. now and roll to AA if not answered in 5 rings, but we cannot use CFB b/c if any DN is busy incoming calls are immediately dumped to lowest DN VM.

Customer does not want to have the 4 extra rings from CFNA when they are on the phone - wants to dump call directly to VM.

Any suggestions?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

You are forwarding Forward On Busy to vmails DN (F985)?
Some tend to forward that setting to the users DN when shouldnt.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Only thing you can do is have target lines ring a hunt group. Hunt groups don't follow CFNA/CFB of the sets they are on.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Thanks, Marv. I was afraid of that but figured I would ask in case someone knew another work around. That worked as expected though.

This is a PRI instead of POTS lines, but in a POTS install (most of what we do) it sure would be nice to be able to have lines have appear & ring on each station AND have AA work as described above. I "sort of" worked around the issue by having AA set to 4 rings instead of 5, but with CFB off (which it still had to be) the user still got the 4 extra rings (which I might have been able to silence at the set by using DND if Busy but didn't bother trying). This is a very common configuration in our Avaya installs, but it seems Nortel didn't think it would be useful for SMB or maybe they targeted their product only at larger organizations who would not want appr&ring for all lines on all sets.

Either way, the HG did the trick so thanks again.

OP Offline
A quick question on this. HG is 707. Having the DNs assigned to the HG took up button 9 spot automatically. Customer does not want the HG button on the sets (7316E but we have the feature buttons pretty packed). Any way to remove it?

I tried a suggestion from another response of Marv's and to just treat the HG DN like any other DN and make the lines ring only but you can't use Terminals and Sets to modify 707+ (stops at 706). Not sure if that would even make a difference on this particular issue anyway, but I tried.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I believe that a button gets automatically assigned just like for Ans DN and cannot get around it. If I'm wrong, someone will chime in.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
There is no way around the button creation. You can move it to a different location (F*81), but it and I/C buttons must be there for HG to work.

No, you can not "modify" a HG DN.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Fair enough. Thanks for the quick reply.

OP Offline
An update for anyone referring to this thread. You CAN modify the HG (use System Programming, not T&S) to remove the button creation by going to Line Assignment in the HG and into each assigned line then Show -> Ring Only (default is Appr&Ring). Once you set ALL lines assigned to the HG to Ring Only, the HG button is automatically removed from the sets and the I/C buttons are used for incoming calls, thus allowing you to answer multiple incoming calls in the HG on a single set.

OP Offline
Correction. You change the Member DN settings to Ring Only in System Programming -> Hunt Groups -> HG# -> Member DN's -> DN#, not in Line Assignment.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,612 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,749 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024