3. Mod 4 – Stn Mod
4. Mod 5 – Stn Mod
5. Mod 6 – Stn Mod
6. Mod 7 – ASM
7. Mod 8 – Trunk Mod
a. Crd 1 – loop
b. Crd 2 – loop
c. Crd 3 – E&M

We recently moved into a new office bldg. that used to use PRI.
We only have 7 POTS lines, so doesn’t make too much sense to keep PRI.
But running into some trouble trying to find the Trunk pairs.

When I follow what should be the Trunk from the KSU to the 66 blocks, and then test what is on the first pairs, I get system extension numbers.
I wouldn’t think I would find ext. numbers on the trunk 66 blocks.

Mod 8 shows to be TRUNK from the system menu, so I also tested the 66 block too, and also get system extension numbers.

Do I also need to remove the PRI & ISDN cards.

We have another facility that has a Nortel ISC that is similar, w/ POTS lines only. It does not have any cards in the KSU.
On that system, the trunk line does go to a 66 block and that is where I patched in the POTS lines, but at the new facility, the trunk line has extensions on it.

BTW, when they left, they did remove a few pieces of equipment, from screws and stain patterns on the wall, I can see.
Not too sure what was there; a tech friend suggested maybe a CSU/DSU.
There is still a smart jack on the wall where the old DMARC lines route through, but are dead now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Quick fact: the other site with No cards in the KSU?? Won't work unless they also have a Trunk module attached.

Back to the issue:
The ICS unit has 3 amphenol cables.
The bottom one is the Trunk cable. Follow it to a 66 block. That is where you can put your trunks. But to do so, you would have to remove your PRI card AND the ISDN card and put loop in those slots then do some re-programming.
BUT - Since you already have a loop card in Mod 8 just use them. Your trunks will probably start at 65 (depending on your software).
You can go either way.

Since you just moved in and took over someone elses system, I would remove the PRI & ISDN, put in Loop cards, do a system reset and start over with programming. That would be the BEST WAY.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Thank you NTlayoff for the great suggestions.
I followed your advice and removed the PRI from KSU and moved over the 2 trunk cards in place.
I punched down the 4 POTS lines to the first 4 pair on the 66 block.
When I go off-hook and get an outside line, I hear the trunk line click, but I do not get dial tone or complete the call.
I am pretty sure on the IW connections and hardware convert, but I am just as unsure about the programing I must need to do.
I have the installer pw. It seems like LINE assignments and access is probably where I am needing the most help, but maybe it is even something else.
I have been just using the 7324 set 2-line display to do the programing, and sure would like to know if there is a better way.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to get the programing taken care of?

Thanks all

Thank you
ITphoneGuy
You better off get somebody familliar with system. Your punch down is incorrect and you have to do Programming to assign lines to your phone. As i see you have no clue about it. Sorry, but you would be not able to do that.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,108 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024