web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Somehow the users forwarded all of the phones to a couple of extensions and external numbers because they wanted someone to answer the phone at all times....I changed all of the ring transfers back but for some reason any call that comes in on our MAIN line to the Auto Attendant it rings 5 times, then transfers to our 2nd receptionist wich is extension 212, 201 is the Main DN, 202 is the 1st receptionist.

How can I accomplish the following:

1) make all calls go back to the main Attendant greeting

2) change the telephone numbers in users voicemail options where when the caller presses 7 (i think) and it transfers to their cell and passes caller id...

3) setup an additional Attendant for Spanish eek

4) we are moving to a new service provider (comcast) and will be changing our PRI to them...I just ordered it with the same config and settings as our ATT PRI...Should everything jive and be plug and play?

5) i am really kicking myself in the ARS for purchasing this system....the owners told me they never wanted the option of a phone at their house, let alone on their notebooks...is there any way to add a gateway onto the MICS to extend VOIP capabilities to users externally?

6) :toast:

Thanks

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Did you check the forward no answer destination on extension 202?

phone number changes in the voice mail are done from the user mailbox.

You would have to set an alternate language as Spanish, but I think it requires a database default. Haven't done that in a long time, so not sure.

As far as Comast, double check that they are doing PRI? We have Comcast here, but they can only deliver trunks, no PRI!! If they can do PRI, and your settings match, you should be able to just switch plugs.

Your only real option to get IP phones is too switch to a BCM. You can keep your existing in house phones. Their are gateway extenders and such, but the BCM is a much more reliable option for sure. The cost wouldn't be that much anyway, depending of course on your current config.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
The forward no answer is set to set 225...the only set that is different is for the owner of the company who does not want voice mail, and it forwards to the extension that is receiving all of the messages and that the calls forward to.

I will start with that, on the spanish, and will have to create a whole new tree correct...

They said it will be a digital PRI carried over DOCSIS 3.0 and handled by an adtran unit....

Only option with the phone system is wait until i get a nice budget increase!!! or the system crashes...

OP Offline
The auto attendant voice mail issue below:

1) make all calls go back to the main Attendant greeting : all extensions are forwarding to 225.

HELP

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by sansobar:
...make all calls go back to the main Attendant greeting : all extensions are forwarding to 225.

HELP
Sounds to me like you'll have to go through the programming for every extension and remove the call forwarding, albeit Busy or No Answer.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
the voice mail system is set to extension 225...from how the system was initaly setup it should be working correct?

I guess what should the programming be if the vm is ext 225....

oxO

Normally, you don't need to program CFB or CFNA and in some cases it's advisable NOT to, unless needed for that particular extension.

OK, so what do you mean by:
"1) make all calls go back to the main Attendant greeting: all extensions are forwarding to 225."

Don't you want all calls going through the CP150, then pass according to the AA or CCR?

If it's just in the "Open Hours" that you want the call all to go to Ext 225, then set "Operator Available" to Yes. (Also have to have what the operator's Ext is)

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
I was able to get the auto attendant (main greeting to come back after unforwarding all ext). The issue is I want to keep all calls coming into the main line to 3 ext...201 202 212...that is working now. the issue is that now if you call 203 did it does not pickup the voicemail for that users extension unless forwarded to 225....weird...

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,105 Shoretel
190,316 CTX100 install
188,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jsaad 4
dans 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 156 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024