web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
noname Offline OP
OP Offline
We just replaced a M1 for a CS-1000e rls,6.5 . On our site we have fire alarms that use analog lines to call there main computer through our switch using PRI trunks tying to another M1. Here is the problem cust goes roh it dials the 5 digits distant end gives answer tone local end send approx. 15 digits then no confirmation comes in from distant end so call will not release. It worked fine on old switch I have added FXA to cls. and changed what was it todr to 50ms from 100ms no change. I do have a channel bank with a fxs ckt in it that I tried from another switch and it releases fine . To me the 15 digits that the local alarm is sending are to fast for the digitone to recieve and is dropping some so the distant end does not agree any help would be appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
Use your trace feature in LD 80 when making a call to verify all digits are being sent and received in both PBXs.

[Linked Image]
noname Offline OP
OP Offline
I did it only showed the digits dialed before the far end answers

Admin
Admin
And on your inbound trace at the far end you saw....?

[Linked Image]
noname Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry I took so long to answer . No LD-80 only shows the digits dialed before our far end answers tech support thinks is it getting lost some how in the MGC ,DSP , what ever cards that are used like networking use to be on real phone systems . We have tried in cls. MPTA ( I think thats how it types out) which is suppose to make equipment transparent to modem tones like turning of with *# Bin old days use to. But it did not work.

noname Offline OP
OP Offline
We got it !!!!! The in-band tones are filtered out of the media stream by the DSP in the VGMC .This is so that double detection does not occur. The tones are sent as RTP packets over the RTP channels According to "the company formally known as NORTEL" this is quite reliable as long as you are using G.711 codec . Now so that the in-band DTMF can be sent from 2500 type lines tone detection had to be turned off in the VGMC . What a mouthful but happy it is fixed.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,658 CTX100 install
187,870 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 137 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024