Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Ask them to over-ride any CLID that you send out and send out the Main Number as Caller ID.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Jordon,
I am having the same struggle with a PRI from Comcast Cable. They have been trying to get it working for the last 2 days and the ticket is still open. If we figure it out I will let you know. In the mean time I will have my eye on this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions that I have not tried.

Did you perform a cold boot after programming the phone sets? Some weird problems can be resolved by just doing a cold reboot. This is when you remove power to the BCM for about 20seconds and turn it back on again. Not the same as warm reboot. And downloaded any software updates to the BCM? You didn't mention what version is your BCM400?

Is your DID comes from Router or Smart jack? If this is off the Router then the only programmed DID range will work because it is inside the same T1. I had the same issue with Covad. Only after they change Router settings calls went out without any problems.

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the delay in posting. I spoke with my carrier and they did say that they do block the call if it appears that it is coming from a number outside my range. So I guess it is coming from the router.

The carrier confirms that the do override my OLI and display my main number and name on my DIDs and that they do block numbers outside my range.

It does appear that the BCM400 is forwarding the caller ID which is then getting rejected. Changing my OLI on my set did not help.

Just curious. If my call gets forwarded outside is the call being forwarded by my own set's DN or is it being forwarded by another service on another DN? Maybe I need to change the OLI on something else or is there some master override on the BCM that says whether to pass the incoming OLI or use another?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Why don't you ask your provider to do a test with you. Make the call and have them TRAP the number going out that they block.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
I called my provider and tonight they are going to see if they can reconfigure my switch for my PRI and let the calls through. They saw that they were getting passed the original callers ID and blocked it.

They indicated that when the calls get forwarded to me now it will most likely show the caller id of the original caller which will be great if it does. Previous providers would alway override with my company number and it made it hard to dodge calls.

Go into the set programming and set it to allow redirect calls.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,145 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024