web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kaiser Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I locked this one done but it was too harsh and interfered with something so we just had the telco block international 011 stuff.

They switched carriers and by golly, whammy! again!

Any recommendations to screwing down a BCM 400 v-4.0.2.03?
eek

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Kaiser Offline OP
OP Offline
So I have to use my laptop to connect with Element Manager because some cartridge won't download to my desktop and one of our techs is using it because I'm apparently the only guy on the planet who has this old Samsung cable in his bag... but I can connect to the Call Pilot Manager...

Class of Services used are 1 and 9. Both have Outbound and Remote Notification set to NO.

If I run a report for Port Usage / Call Handling, it shows all ZEROS in the OUTGOING CALLS section for the last week.

I haD the customer try to make an 011 call from a phone and the phone's screen says, "RESTRICTED" and drops it.

CBeyond just reported 30 international attempts to the Middle East within 9 minutes from our main number (service is PRI).

Am I missing something or could they somehow have access to a CBeyond line and are spoofing our (my customer's) number?

Uff da!
laugh

Kaiser Offline OP
OP Offline
The first post was my old Norwegian memory :confused: talking. The second post was after I logged in :scratch: ... disregard the very first post please.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
?????? :shrug: If you hadn't logged in, you wouldn't be able to post.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Make sure all your MBs have no access to Pools or Lines.

Every sight is different so you will need to do what suits the customer.

KSU/BCM:
-Disable DISA and/or change COS password to something more secure.
-Setup restriction filters and have them applied to voice mail ports/DN's (if all users are to be restricted from out dial)
-Setup restriction filters and have them applied to lines and/or setup COS passwords to bypass restrictions.
-Disable Allow Redirect option for all sets.
Restriction example- Restrict 0 for overseas, 1 for local long distance, 900 for billing.

Voice Mail
-NAM's and Call Pilot (Voice Messaging) run the Toll Fraud Patches, for BCM's make sure your upgraded to latest patches.
-Delete all unused mailboxes
-Have ALL users change mailbox passwords to 6 or 8 digit non-trivial passwords, including General Delivery and System manager mailboxes.
-Disable Outbound Transfer/Dial/Pool Access in admin programming (COS) for each mailbox.
-Disable the "enable external initialization" feature in COS
-Setup lockup mailbox after so many unsuccessful password attempts
-You could slow a hacker down by disabling the Return to AA option but this will effect checking messages remotely.

Carrier/Telco
-Have them restrict oversea calls if you don't call overseas and/or have them setup passwords.
They maybe also be able to restrict certain digits (filter).
You may not need the Telco involved if you did the above but the choice is there.

Who called over sea's
Usually voice mail is the culprit from an outside hacker but DISA and forwarded sets can be an issue as well.
You would need to setup an SMDR to see what ext. made the call or run reports from voice mail....see your vendor for more details.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,965 CTX100 install
187,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (jeffmoss26), 113 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024