web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#150136 01/13/12 06:59 AM
OP Offline
I have a site that has 2 PRI circuits. They are having an issue with "noise", some crackling and popping. Ive tested this and it appears to be on the incomoing DID calls. They have 2 banks of DID's, different area codes but boh local. They added the second T1 a few months ago. I have both T1's in the same pool so the second T1 handles the outbound calling and the first T1 handles the inbounds. Im only noticing the noise on the original DID bank the customer has. When i pull the first T1, all calls come in through the second T1 but i still get the noise. I have swapped the T1's around in the switch, and swapped the T1 cards. The carrier sees no errors on the circuit. Im getting a little stumped as the where this noise is coming from. My thought is that its in the network but unsure how or where to have the carrier look. Any help is appreciated.

John Boy

When all else fails,
Get a bigger hammer.
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Check the CSU stats for Bi polar violations. Sounds like the PRI is slipping. This will cause crackling, and popping on the lines. If it's bad enough, cut offs. It's more then likely a clocking issue. Check to make sure your clocking off the span, and not in free run.

Have you checked for Patches? There are known issues around this and patches out there to correct it to, as well as it is most likely a PRI and Clocking issue-

Brandon M Relkoff
205-510-6384

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,574 Shoretel
189,446 CTX100 install
187,604 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 137 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024