I received this letter from Panasonic and thought I would post it.
For months now there has been some confusion, hopefully this will help.
Panasonic
Communication Systems
Enterprise Sales Group
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company One Panasonic Way, 4-A1
Division of Matsushita Electric Corporation Of America Secaucus, New Jersey 07094

October 2002

Dear Panasonic CSD Distributors and Dealers,

As most of you are aware there are two divisions within Matsushita Electric Corporation of America that sell Digital Business Telephone and Communication Systems. You are very familiar with our line of KX-T products, which are sold by our division, Communications Systems or CSD. The other product line, known as DBS, is sold by Panasonic Digital Communications & Security Company (PDCS). On September 12, 2002, Panasonic Digital Communications & Security Company (PDCS) sent a letter to all of their dealers announcing their plans to leave the telephone systems business and to discontinue the DBS product line by March 31, 2003. Unfortunately, this announcement has caused some confusion and misinformation in the marketplace regarding the future of CSD, our division, and the KX-T line of products.

Please note the recent announcement by DBS does not include the KX-T product line, nor does it have any affect on CSD’s operations.

In closing, I hope this letter clears up any confusion or doubts you may have about CSD’s continuing operations, the future of KX-T product development (lot’s to come!) and reinforces your confidence in our overall commitment to this business as a major provider of business telephone and communication systems equipment.

I’d like to personally thank you for your business and your continued support of Panasonic KX-T business telephone and communication systems.

Sincerely,

Mark Balsama

National Sales Manager
Communication Systems
Enterprise Sales Group
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company