web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#151880 07/20/04 06:04 PM
OP Offline
We are looking for a system that has the following features.

Ability to setup extensions where the system will forward to our cell phones. Prior to transferring the call the system will prompt the user to say their name at the tone. The system will then try us on our cell and if we answer the system will playback the recorded name of the caller allowing us to either accept or reject the call.

When checking our voicemail remotely from our cell phones we would like to be able to hit a key combination that (assuming the callerid information was present) call back the sender of the message. This is an important convenience since we are frequently in the car and thus can’t easily jot down the number, hang-up, dial, etc. Instead we would like to hit a key, have the system connect us, and then return back to voicemail when we hang up after returning the call.

We would also like the ability to have the voicemail contact us on our cells when we have a message.

Call recording is very nice and (assuming the call was connected to our cells) it would be very nice to be able to initiate the system to record the call remotely.

We have been looking at the Talkswitch, NEC DS2000, and various Panasonic Systems. I am also wondering what systems you would recommend. If the system doesn’t have all the features I would be interested in what features it does have? I am also wondering if you sell systems, and/or whether you know where I can preview any of these systems. We are located in the Chicago area.

We are frequently out of the office which is why remote functionality is critical for us.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#151881 07/20/04 06:06 PM
OP Offline
I was thinking that CallerID Call Back might be one of the features we are looking for however I am having difficulty determining whether (1) this is truly one of the features we are looking for and (2) whether this feature can be used remotely from our cell phones when checking voicemails remotely.

#151882 07/21/04 02:24 AM
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] well, that's asking quite a lot from ANY system.
1:The biggest downside I see from setting this up through a proprietary system is if the system is forwarding to your cellphone it's eating up 2 lines on your system and the voice or volume quility tends to suffer some.
2: It's not going to pass the CID from the caller to your cell, it's just going to show your office calling.
3: Almost any voicemail can give you external message notification. Most can also play the CID #. Even the ones that have an option to call back, (with one touch) the voicemail is assuming that your on a "system phone"
4: To forward to your cellphone and have the system pull the call back to go into the proprietary voicemail before your cell phone voice mail grabs it could be very tricky and with all the timers set right it usually isn't very dependable.
5: How large of a system are we talking about?
What kind of CO lines,5 or 6 pots, T-1, primes, DIDs, Etc.?
Most of the professional offices I have worked with use an external sorce, I'll e mail you a link, they issue you the numbers, when you call that number it answers with your custom message and provides a menu; IE; what would you like me to do? take a message, find him etc.
If you answer "find him" it trys 2 or 3 numbers, that you provide, at the same time, if no answer then it takes the message and attempts to notify you by your instructions.
This in the long run could save you money by allowing you to simply have a small system in the office without a proprietary voicemail system.
I'm sure we'll get many other thoughts on this.
Gem. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,844
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,648 Shoretel
189,534 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Avanti Telecom, Toner, Xdm, dans, Soulece), 135 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024