web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
What is required to forward calls from an 816 to a TVS50?

The vm talks to the 816 and the mbs are initialized, set up via the phone with greetings, etc. But no success forwarding calls into vm. (Forwarding is so simple on a Nortel, but I am new to Panasonic.)

I have been thru the manuals page by page but still am missing some setting. I did get a system data dump which very helpfully lists all the settings in page views. But whatever is wrong does not leap out at me.

I have all the extensions and the vm ports set the same, group 8. VM uses default extensions #s 165/166. Something to do with matching jack numbers/extension numbers/vm ports/vm extensions? The overall logic here escapes me.

All calls are ring-no answer.... seems like it should just be a matter of forwarding into the vm ports, 165/166, n'est pas?

I also seem to miss a simple button for call-forwarding. I have a button programmed for FWD/DID but it has no effect--no light, no forwarding. I think I need something like: Forward NA/Busy to this ext: 165. Right?

Thanks, guys.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

with youir phone in an idle state, press intercom, FWD/DND button dial 5,165, speaker. will forward your phone to ext. 165 (Vmail) on a busy/na

KLD Offline
And are you using IRNA to 165 to get to the VM under normal usage? Set the number of rings under the timer? Or are you DIL to 165 for the AA to answer?

Ken
---------
OP Offline
Thanks; yes, it is intended to be AA; i.e., all calls to the company greeting first, etc.

So I understand that CF to 165 will send calls from ringing sets to the subscriber mb, but, you are right, we also need to have AA pick up calls initially.

On a Nortel, it simply is a matter of turning AA on and selecting lines and # of rings.

Many thanks,

KLD Offline
Your right Nortel has a "Off/On" but you have to set use tables to send it to from the lines.
The KXTD816 uses the same programs as the KXTD1232 and even similar programming as the KXTA1232 Rev. 2. They function similar to a real PBX, not a key system. You have to know more telephony. I don't have a manual in front of me BUT you will need to go to the right programs (80??) and set the CO lines to DIL to the AA (165). This has to be done for day and night. This will cause the AA to answer first. NO Delay. The caller will need to enter the ext #. Then use the CFBNA button set up on the sets for transfer to mail box. All this means you will have to manipulate the VM somewhat more than Nortel, but you can customize it to your needs.

Good luck, KLD

Ken
---------
KLD Offline
Oh, yeah, if you want the callers to hear rings before the AA answer, you can manipulate the ring delay in the '50.

KLD

Ken
---------
KLD Offline
Please fill out your profile.

Ken
---------
mwm Offline
Thanks, especially KLD;

One other question: is there a "set copy" or "button copy" function for 816/1232 ?

The purpose is to copy button assignments from one standardized set to others. Of course this saves a great deal of time and is much less likely to result in errors.

Thanks,
mwm

mwm Offline
Thanks--its mostly working--the DILs send outside calls properly to system vm and it will call the extension which will forward to the mb properly. BUT, that is for outside calls; intercom calls ring-no answer.

Extension forwarding is set and displays properly as going to 165. But no joy. BTW, various timings, like 202, seems to set (at 4 rings).

Any suggestions?

Thanks. Yours help is much appreciated.

mwm

to mwm do you have the auto answer set at these stations that you are trying to call on the intercom?

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,631 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024