web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys! Let me think about some of my options here and have a chat with the owner of the system. Personally I don’t think they would want to invest; upgrading to 2 separate systems (cost). Having the option of the caller selecting which company they want doesn’t sound very professional (business wise) to me, but I will ask them. I’d have to agree and say I think it might be best to buy a TVS102 expansion card. However these cards seem a little pricey around 340US is what I’ve seen quickly skimming though some stuff on the net. If the owner of the system is willing to buy the expansion card; anyone know what a reasonable price is for one of these is and where I might be able to easily acquire one?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I explained to the owner of the current system as best I could what the situation was, but lets face it I’m no salesman. As I anticipated, they answered any questions I had about buying additional components for the system with questions of their own. There is ONE question they asked that has been annoying me that is related to that of this threads origin

Keeping our current situation in mind. If a call is received by the AA and the caller hangs up before the company greeting is played. The AA hogs that line until the main menu finishes it’s recording, and than forwards the call to the operator because there was no DTMF. Of course, when the operator takes the call they get loud annoying noises.

This causes AA to hog the line until the operator receives it and hangs up after getting an ear full. The AA Roughly hogs the line for about 2 mins. For those 2 mins if anyone calls company A they get company B’s AA greeting/menu.

Some people I’ve spoke with said they sent the no DTMF to another menu that will exit and hang-up. Others said to check the [405] CPC Signal Detection Incoming Set and the CPC port parameters for the VM. Another said that I need a peice of equipment to simulate cpc. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable, what do you think? Anyone else ever experience something similar to this?

I would think it is the CPC settings.
I think the norm is around 600 ms but I'm not sure what the Canadian standards are.
You may want to check with the provider and see what they are sending, Hey!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick8Noodles:
I explained to the owner of the current system as best I could what the situation was, but lets face it I’m no salesman. As I anticipated, they answered any questions I had about buying additional components for the system with questions of their own. There is ONE question they asked that has been annoying me that is related to that of this threads origin

Keeping our current situation in mind. If a call is received by the AA and the caller hangs up before the company greeting is played. The AA hogs that line until the main menu finishes it’s recording, and than forwards the call to the operator because there was no DTMF. Of course, when the operator takes the call they get loud annoying noises.

This causes AA to hog the line until the operator receives it and hangs up after getting an ear full. The AA Roughly hogs the line for about 2 mins. For those 2 mins if anyone calls company A they get company B’s AA greeting/menu.

Some people I’ve spoke with said they sent the no DTMF to another menu that will exit and hang-up. Others said to check the [405] CPC Signal Detection Incoming Set and the CPC port parameters for the VM. Another said that I need a peice of equipment to simulate cpc. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable, what do you think? Anyone else ever experience something similar to this?
</font>

The Calling party Control for the U.S. is approximately .2 seconds (200 milliseconds) I do not know whatit is in Canada. The CPC is a drop in voltage on your Central Office line which "tells" the C.O. port to drop the call(upon a distance party hangup). If this setting is wrong you will have the beep,beep, beep, beep (off-hook audible signal) recorded in the voice mail box.

"It is never too late to be what you could have been"......George Elliot
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick8Noodles:
System is a KX-TD1232 with a TVS100 VM

Company A has three CO lines that are managed by AA on ext 165 company B has one CO line managed by AA on ext 166. DIL 1:1 Day/Night for Company A are set to ext 165 and company B is set in the same manner but to 166. Sometimes an incoming call for company A is sent to company B’s VM ext (166) this is very bad because they are two different companies with different company greetings/menu etc. My question is what on earth is causing this? and how do I fix it?
</font>

Have you monitored the lines with your butt set to listen what you hear when a caller hangs up?

We get old too soon, smart too late
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bob3470), 160 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024