web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
oscar Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Thanks for reading this. Has anyone ever heard of a disconnect problem when recieving a call for a cell phone user? When a call is coming in and the handset is lifted to answer, the call gets disconnected. I know it's not a droped cell phone call issue. It seems that if I answer the call by pressing the "Speaker Phone" button, the call doesnt get diconnected. I cant figure out why it only happens when a call comes from a cell phone. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance: Oscar Morales

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

525 Offline
I just found this thread, and see that no one responded to it.

I am having the exact same problem with my 624 system right now. In addition, there is a delay when picking up a call. For example, when I answer a call, I have to say Hello, twice. The first time activates the connection, and the second time the caller can hear.

Now, when getting calls from cell phones, or system phones, from Hotels etc. When saying Hello, and the line connects to the caller, it automatically disconnects them.

This is very frustrating, as I have to go get a non system phone to answer the calls, and the 624 phone system is becoming worthless.

I have looked through all settings, and can find nothing that addresses this. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I have never heard of that or seen it in any of the systems I have worked with. I will say that I was having problems with a fax/voice auto switch a few weeks ago. I tried another and it seemed to work better. Long story short, ended up being a telco provider issue. Took several calls to get it corrected.
Does your problem happen on all your lines or only the main one. If you have an open CO port you could try switching to that and see if it helps. If the problem only seems to happen on say the main line you could try swapping lines 1 & 2 to see if the problem follows. Sorry I can not be of more help right now, but I will keep thinking of it.
Steph

PS, could you fill out your profile incase someone wants to e-mail you. Thanks again

Steph

Do the job right the first time.
check the loop current on the lines!!

525 Offline
Hi Steph, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I am using only one CO right now, so I can't swap to check. All of my non system phones work fine and never disconnect a call, so it really seems that it is the system. In addition, the delay when picking up the handset is several seconds, and I have talked to Panasonic tech, and they say that it shouldn't be that way, but offer no solution.

I am strongly considering, switching the 624, which is 4 years old, and has given me nothing but trouble, for an 824. Of course, I will be really mad, if those systems have the same issues.

The problem with the phone company, is when I tell them I have a system phone, they say it is not their problem, especially if my non system phones work fine.

Re: My e-mail address. I do have it filled out in my profile, I just choose not to make it public for privacy reasons.

How do I check the loop current?

P.S. I suspect it has something to do with CPC detection, and the abnormal delay when picking up the handset. I have CPC set to max, but I don't think it is long enough to get past the delay. I can't find any way to adjust the connect delay.

[This message has been edited by 525 (edited August 24, 2005).]

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024