web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#153368 06/20/05 08:24 AM
OP Offline
Please excuse me for not being able to give you a lot of details regarding my questions. I was just given this assignment to help figure out this phone system. I've never worked on phones and in my opinion, it looks to me like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack. I'm hoping that someone here will be able to assist me.

The phone system here is Panasonic DBS, but I don't know any other model numbers. I've searched through the posts here and have tried on/off, conf 7777, and all it gives me is a fast busy. I don't know where the main/programming phone is either. Is there a way to program from other phones? I have a manual here (dated Aug 1995), but most of the features, codes, etc, I don't understand how to do them.

What is FF and how do I do that or find it on the phone?

Also, I need to add phone extensions to our existing numbers, ie 301, 302, 303 etc.... but do not know how to.

Does anyone know where I can get some training in Northern NJ or Rockland County NY on this system?

Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted to get it all in here. I'm sure as the day, weeks go on, I'll have more.

Please email me with info or post here.

Thanks for all your help, it is appreciated!

Donna

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#153369 06/20/05 01:00 PM
hi donna
well you have been asked to handle one of panasonics oldest systems and theirs no many people left who know two much about them.
i am from the euro zone so sometimes there are some differences but all we can do is try..

1. to enter program mode here
press on/off ...then recall ..then # #

2 the ff key is another name for the line key
so the command ff1-3#-and so on means
press line 1 then type 3# then choose from the options..

i dont envy you .....

#153370 06/20/05 01:02 PM
also the programing phone is normaly the main reception phone

#153371 06/21/05 02:13 AM
Hi Donna,

I feel your pain. I recently went through a very similar issue with a Panasonic DBS. See my post just a few down from your's..."Panasonic DBS - Unknown Type".

Anyway, what I found was that my "on/off" button functioned differently from how people have been explaining here, and the codes don't work. However, I found another button, that does what the on/off is 'supposed' to do.

For my phones, it varies from phone to phone, but in the rows of buttons where our "phone line" buttons are, there is one that I can press that gives a low tone (not an outside line) when pressed. If I use this as my "on/off" to start the C7777 command, it will work. To end, I use the actual "on/off" button.

Sound confusing? Me too. But, when I press my "on/off" I get a dial tone and our "line 1" lites up. When I press this other key I'm using as my psudo-on/off, I get a low tone, and the commands listed in this forum work.

Next, I too need to find our attendant line, as we don't have one setup. It is supposed to be ext 100, but it was taken out before my time. If you find an answer, I'd be glad to see it. Good luck,

-Rob.

#153372 06/21/05 02:36 AM
OP Offline
Thank you for your posts. I'm testing all buttons now to see if any of those work as both of you have stated.

I'll keep trying.

Also, I've read in other posts of software or "cards" or "cabinets" which I don't see any of those.

Thank you again.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,938
Members49,777
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,211 Shoretel
190,429 CTX100 install
188,843 1a2 system
Newest Members
hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG, lyte
49,777 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
dans 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024