web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I bought a new TA624-5 and hooked it up to a TVS50 voicemail system this weekend. Everything is working fine except the TVS50. It won't pick up calls, the TA624 doesn't seem to notice it, and the red power button keeps flashing on the TVS50.

The TVS50 shipped without a manual!! So, I'm shooting in the dark at wild noises over here. Please help. ; )

------------------

Rich
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you done any configurations at all? It isn't a "plug & play" equipment.

Taking a shot in the dark here but one of the things that use to mess me up was the VM came with the digital card instead of the analog card. Don't know if this is the case or not. Otherwise it was a fairly easy job.

OP Offline
No, I haven't done much configuring yet because I don't have the installation manual. Does anyone have a PDF of the installation or users manual?

I understand it's not plug and play. Which codes or sequences do I need to enter on the main phone/TA624 in order to fully activate the TVS50?

Also, I did not get a response to the "flashing red power light" inquiry? Is this a common error alert message? Does it mean something specific like a faulty board? Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich

Rich
blinking light means it does not have communication with the phone system. You may have it plugged in, but if the ports are not setup as vmail ports it will not "see" the phone system.
You must have bought a used Vmail. if that is the case I suggest going back to where you pruchased it, or calling a Tech to install the vmail the way it needs to be.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited August 01, 2005).]

OP Offline
OK, got the kx-tvs50 setup once with my laptop "talking" to the tvs50 with a cable, null modem, etc. Everything Worked fine, the AA picked up calls and people were able to get to their voicemail.

Now... I wanted to go in and customize some settings but the laptop won't talk to the tvs50 anymore. When I try to access it using HyperTerminal, I just get a screen with a carrot and a blinking underscore, like this "> _"

I tried downloading TVS Assistant, but that won't connect to the tvs50 at all. Says the com port is unavailable.

Not sure what to do. I'm starting up the tvs50 with the 1 and 3 dip switches on, so that should reset eveything, right? Doesn't work.

I appreciate your help. : ) Rich

------------------
Rich

Rich
>_

That means you are still connected.

If you hit the \ key to get as far out of the program as you can you get >_

Try pressing 2 -- I think you are probably at this screen:

1. ASCII TERMINAL
2. VT100

Please Enter the Number :=

OP Offline
Thanks, tried that just now. When I type anything, nothing appears on the screen after the ">_".

I typed both a "\" and a "2" and hit enter after each time but nothing happens. HyperTerminal says it's connected, but the tvs50 acts like its not listening.

Know of any Chicago people who could set this thing up right for me?

Rich
Sorry no. I'm originally from Chicago, but live in San Jose, Ca now.

Sundance has several affiliates in your area:
https://www.sundance-communications...tallers/U nited_States/Illinois/Chicago/

Other than that the only thing I can think of is that you have the incoming lines plugged into the CO ports and the Voicemail plugged into the EXT ports.

VM and Incoming should both be plugged into the CO ports... only thing on EXT ports should be phones, answering machines, computers, etc etc.

I saw a picture on a website that had it wrong and it cost me several days of downtime.

Also, try rebooting everything, following the diections I gave you earlier... it should work.

[This message has been edited by MrDanjer (edited August 10, 2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,071 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Yoda, nortelvoip, Toner, teleco), 95 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024