web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ecsaltz Offline OP
OP Offline
My company is considering buying a KX-TDA200. We have 200 DID numbers for our current PBX. However, these numbers have no physical extensions behind them, they are routed directly to voice mail boxes.

What I want to verify is that the KX-TDA200/KX-TVA200 can do the same thing, and how is this done programmatically? Two dealers tell me this can be done, but they have not done it themselves.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have to join with the other techs. I have installed a couple of the TDA's (great system) but no DID's yet [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I would be very suprised if the system can not do it. I e-mailed my sales rep with your question and will let you know as soon as he replys.
Also, if you could fill in your location on your profile we would all appreciate it.

Stephanie

[This message has been edited by Phone_girl_NE (edited September 15, 2005).]

Do the job right the first time.
Do these 200 DID #'s come in on a PRI or T-1, or are they coming in on analog DID trunks.
Personnaly I would never choose a Key system like the panasonic to handle that kind of call volume. You should be looking at PBX's, they are way more stable & expandable & reliable.
The panasonic has a DDI/DID table with 1000 entries ,but you say they are phantoms. So panasonic would have to send these calls to ICD groups to FWD them straight to vmail. which in the 100/200 I think there are only 64 ICD groups. Then they would have to fill the cabnets up with analog cards to fwd maybe 100 more.
I would not do it, your system would be at MAX capacity

The Mitel 200ICP is a PBX that would easily handle this,more money but it will save you money in the long run with maintenance calls on the panasonic.
A larger key system like the Toshiba CTX670 would handle this wothout a problem.

For such an application I would not choose Panasonic.

ecsaltz Offline OP
OP Offline
The 200 DID's are coming in on a PRI. The actual call volume is very low - each DID may be hit an average of 1 or 2 times a day. Panasonic's literature says the KX-TDA200 can handle 200 DIDs. One of the dealers has now forwarded to me a page from the KX-TVA200 that says, with the KX-TDA200 (among) certain other PBXs, through DPT integration, all 200 DID's can go directly to VM.

I now have heard of the KX-TDA600. Does anyone know of the specs on this unit?

This one is very easy. All your DID going directly to the TVM. The TVM have a list of 200 DID numbers for routing to a specific mailbox.

TVM = TVA

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,851 Shoretel
188,979 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024