web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kazz Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a customer with a KX-TD308 that I can't get the "Preferred Line Access" to work right. It is in a law office with five lines and eight extensions. They want the phones to pick up a idle line and one lawyer wants his to pick up a specific line. When the system is idle, the phones will pick up line two or if line one is in use, the phones will pick up line five. The one lawyer wants his to pick up line five which is his line. I can't get his to go directly to line five. I can get them to go to Intercom.

I have powered the system down then back up with no luck and trying to program the phones hasn't worked either. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Kazz

I got dragged into this kicking and screaming.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Kazz, how did you get 5 lines on a 3 x 8?
Are you sure you don't have an 8x16 ?
either way, at the set press program 99, 1 3 5 and store.
You know you can give only him line 5 for incomming and outgoing if you want.
MrG

Well, just to go through the programming procedure to make sure you're doing it right: AT EACH PHONE-
1) press program button (or pause if old model phone) then dial 99 - for 'idle line preference' dial 1 then 2 then 'autodial/store button'. For 'prime line preference' ..what the lawyer wants..after the dial 99 dial 1 THEN 3 then dial the line he wants...which has to be line 3 then 'store' button. (not 5..you said this is a 308..I don't think they're expandable..maybe I'm wrong.) I don't know if 'prime line preference will override the other phones from being able to access the lawyers line when he's not on it.. you can test it and find out that way or maybe someone will chime in.

Kazz Offline OP
OP Offline
This system has CO and extension expansion boxes on it. If the 308 can't have expansion boxes, then it's a 816 but I'm sure it's a 308.

I am pushing the right buttons on the phones. As a matter of fact, they have the same system we have in our shop. The only difference is we don't have CO expansion. I press the same buttons and it works with our system.

This system does other strange things also. They have a TVS50 voice mail system and we haven't been able to get the messege lights on the phones to light up when someone's extension has a messege. Everything else about the VM works great except for the dang light on the phones. Yes the system is set to have the messege light turn on.

Thanks for the responses and I hope to hear some more.

Kazz

I got dragged into this kicking and screaming.
its got to be an 8x if you have a line 5
as far as lighting lights make sure that mailboxes have the proper owners ext programmed
in mailbox management .

Kazz, you can not expand a TD308.
Lets start by finding out exactly what you have.
There are a number of things that can keep a MWL from lighting.
usually it's in the mailbox settings where "all calls transfer to mailbox" is set to yes, this has to be set to no. It may as simple as not having the MWL activated in the individual mailbox.
Can you access line 5 at all through the system?
This would be the 1st line on the KXT180 expansion card. Do you have outgoing privileges assigned for line 5 on that port? help
It sounds as though it may be in your best interest to bring in a certified Tech. at this point and just pay for a simple 1 hour service call but none the less check these out and get back to us.
MrG

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024