web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi guys. I work for a clec and we have a customer that has a few sites with us that is having a problem with DID/DNIS. We are trying to turn a new site up with them but they state they are not seeing digits come in to the system.

The vendor asked if we are sending DID or DNIS. The question confuses me and our 5E tech is not available for me to quiz so...can anyone explain the difference for me?

We are connecting the T1 into the pbx and it's configured for B8ZS/ESF and E&M Immediate.

The vendor states that he is not seeing digits. We are sending 4 digits per his request. We can even see the digits when monitoring the 5ESS.

We even went out to the customer prem on Friday night and used a tberd to watch for digits and we saw them just fine. They came in as dtmf.

I don't know the panasonic dbs system. Perhaps one of you might have some suggestions that I can send over to the vendor?

Thanks guys!

Fred

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The DID/DNIS question applies to the DBS programming and doesn't concern you since you are sending him 4 digits. In the DBS, the DID and DNIS program routing programs are separate. He will need to decide if he wants to use the DNIS or DID routing. There's a lot of hardware preparation for the DBS 72 that, if not installed correctly or completely, will cause the T1 not to work. Does he have a MFR card for dtmf signaling? Wink start should be used instead of immediate start. The DBS should be power recycled for just about every T1 program change.

OP Offline
If I understand him, the DID is for a full phone number and DNIS is for 4, 7, or 10 digit? He said he took this system from another store location that was already up with us and moved it over.

Sadly, he insists that we are not sending him something correctly and keeps telling us he wants us to come back with a tberd but once was enoughf or us to know that we are sending digits and they are getting there. Right?

I don't know if he has a MFR card for DTMF signaling. He mentioned an SMDR? Not sure what that is.

I know he is using immediate start. Why would you recommend Wink? Just curious? Would you want it in and out?

I don't think he is rebooting the dbs between changes.

Thanks for the reply!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you're sending him the last 4 digits of a DID or of the DNIS, then that's all you can do. I would recommend wink because that's how I do all of my DID/DNIS on T1s. But as long as you both are set for the same signaling I guess it doesn't matter. SMDR is for call accounting and has nothing to do with whether the T1 works. When you say that he took the same system that was working with you, do you mean that it was already working with a T1 provided by you? If that's the case, verify that the settings on the new T1 are the same on your equipment as the old T1.

OP Offline
Remember, per the first post:

We even went out to the customer prem on Friday night and used a tberd to watch for digits and we saw them just fine. They came in as dtmf.

This was at the smartjack and also through the CPE.

He told me he was watching the SMDR for digits and didn't see them. Is there some way we can debug the system to show more information to us?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It won't show on the SMDR because the DBS didn't successfully recieve the call. If he can answer the call then you wouldn't have this problem and it will show up in the SMDR. Change to dial pulse and see if that helps. So, did this DBS use to work on a T1 provided by you?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It won't show on the SMDR because the DBS didn't successfully recieve the call. If he can answer the call then you wouldn't have this problem and it will show up in the SMDR. Change to dial pulse and see if that helps. So, did this DBS use to work on a T1 provided by you?

OP Offline
From what I am being told, yes. He moved it from one site to another. I'm not quite sure if I can believe him or not.

One thing I may have failed to mention is that he "IS" able to get the calls inbound but they ring on what he keeps calling "trunk 17" and said that it does that because the DBS is not seeing DNIS so it rings to a default extension. Sounds like that makes sense to me.

I can suggest dial pulse to him. I'll let you know what we find out.

In the DBS the trunks come in backwards when configured with a T-1, exmp. a single 72 cabinet has trunks 1-24, when a T-1 card is installer trunk 24 comes the first T-1 channel, the 23 becomes the second, etc. It will do Dial pulse with out the DTMF/MFR card but DTMF is recommended. I have installed lots of dbs t-1 combos and agree, he is doing something wrong. also If the DBS has no DID data it simply returns a busy signal.

OP Offline
The customer called me this morning and told me that the vendor found a bad board in the system that had to do with dtmf. Perhaps the MFR card mentioned earlier in the thread?

Regardless, the problem is resolved and the customer is satisfied knowing it's not us.

Thanks to all who replied!! You guys are really a big help!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, nortelvoip, dexman), 134 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024