web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15749 05/09/07 08:11 AM
chemcl Offline OP
OP Offline
OK so here's the question...If you have different types of systems at different sites can they all be networked together with a point-to-point T-1 so that they would seem to just be calling extensions.

Say site one: Toshiba CIX-100
Site two: Panasonic KX-TDA100
Site Three: Avaya Partner

What do you think?? Or is there another way to network them all together. There might actually just be the Partner and Toshiba...or the Panasonic and the Toshiba.

Thanks

Cheryl McLean
Communications Done Right
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It can be done, but only by connecting the sites with tie lines over the T1 and it will be "dirty". This will mean selecting a line or dialing an access code to get tie line dial tone. There won't be any intelligence between the systems, as in simple 4-digit dialing. In addition, the Partner site (depending on the version) will probably require a channel bank on the T1 to convert the tie channels to loop start.

Under this arrangement, you would need a triangular set of T1 circuits, two from each location to the other sites. It wouldn't be very efficient. The monthly cost for a third T1 may be enough to justify replacing the two smaller systems and use one system as a hub. This would only require two P-P T1 circuits.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Administrator
Administrator
Cheryl
Look at it this way. Looks like it would be a good time to get rid of all 3 put in a Telrad (because thats what I sell) smile network them with IP net trunks with a TVsE still Telrad of corse. laugh
Networking with the same type equipment is hard enought doing it with 3 different manfactures would be a real pain.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Multiple system networking is easier, NOT EASY, if the systems all have Q-SIG capability. That said, I don't know anyone that is willing to shed enough hair to make your needs happen with the equipment you have. Partner does not Q-SIG, TDA100 does Q-SIG. Don't know about Toshiba. As SSPhone said, all 1 brand is best. Let me say you are 1/3 of the way there with 1 TDA100. All you need is 2 more smile , that we would love to sell you, but we are clear across the country frown . I'll bet that there is a Panasonic dealer in your area that would love to discuss your needs! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Toshiba will also Q-Sig that said get you some Toshiba and Panasonic dealers and make them earn your business. We would love to sell you a couple Toshibas to go with the one you have however we are over here with John on the other side of the country laugh
Bill

I don't know if the Q-sig standards have improved. When we developed networking at Comdial we looked at Q-sig and did finally support it. I can't think of any site that ever used Q-sig. It did not have enough features.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
While we're talking about it, can you explain Q-Sig, what it is, how it works, what about it didn't work back then, what's changed, etc?

Thanks!

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
You can do it with Multi Tech boxes as well using analog CO and station ports and an IP network. You call out from one site using the analog station and it rings in at the other on an analog line.

QSIG is actually a pretty good way to network. Tadiran uses it pretty much exclusively and has really wrote the book on its standards...kinda like ISDN. QSIG uses ISDN 9.31 protocalls so you can setup a network via PRI. All systems have to support it to be viable though. The only thing you don't get over QSIG is busy lamp or dss appearances.

We will one day do this with SIP. But these systems are probably not SIP enabled. Replacing these systems with a common platform would be much simpler to install, maintain and understand.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024