Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158767 05/08/07 10:26 AM
silvio Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi to all,
I am an installer for Panasonic Pbx's. This is the 1st time I installed a system with ISDN lines and Analog lines. Usually they're all analog.
This system has 2 DLC16 cards, 1 SLC16, 1 8 port analog trunk and 1 8 port BRI card and a Large Power supply.

I had the system programmed so that 2 of the analog trunks went directly to two specific ICD groups.
Now the client switched 4 of these trunk lines to ISDN and the system is sending all incoming lines from the 4 isdn's to the "reception" group. Needless to say these poor souls are having a bad day(s).

The client also has DDI enabled from the telephone company and the DDI number is 5 digits plus 3 for the internal extension. I tried putting 5 in the remove digits area but DDI did not work. The trunks where set to DDI/DID not DIL as before.

The card in the system is a BRI with 8 ports (8x RJ45 ports). I'm using the 1st 4 ports.

The telephone company has also enabled hunting from the exchange on these isdn lines so if 1 is having some problems the client will not notice the difference much for a short time.

I set up the BRI card for P-P as I think it is not P-MP and tried to perform ISDN Auto-configuration from the PC software but it did not work.

The tele. company has installed 4 NT boxes with each having 2- RJ45 ports but I'm told that I can connect to either.

The problem is getting the system to route the calls to the ICD groups like it was before with DIL.

Therefore to sum everything: I have 3 ICD groups with a group extension of 601, 602 and 603. I would like to route the isdn line in port 2 of the BRI card to group 602 as a sort of DIL. Also if someone calls the client directly using DID on the 2nd line in port 2 and using the 5 DDI digits + internals 144 or 145 the call will route directly to these internal numbers.

This problem has baffled me for the past 3 days and I think that if I take much longer to figure the thing out the two receptionist will be after my hide as they're getting an average of 200 calls on their phones when they're used to getting around 50 a day.

All help is appreciated....greatly and if someone is in sunny, quiet and beautiful Malta in the Mediterranean I'll buy them a nice cold Maltese or foreign beer. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would gladly come to Malta for a Hamburger and Beer on Tuesday, but alas, I know nothing of BRI on
the TDA.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

yep sad to say that bri never evolved past
the td line over here and bri never caught on..

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Bri isdn will normaly send about 4 digits of the number dialed, If the lines are hunting you will have to use did.

when a call is ringing in press the info button on ringing phone this should scroll from incoming clip to icd group and the telephone number that was dialed. see how many numbers are coming in this is the digits you have to put in to ddi table. or just put them all in and remove 1 digit from front of number each time. eg.

ddi --------------- day
123456------------ 601
23456 ------------ 601
3456 ---------------601
456 -------------- 601

the numbers matching table coming in will go to the icd in ring table. it will only use what is matched fully.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
silvio Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks OBT,

to see if I'm understanding you, if a call is coming in on line 2 whose number (the line number) ends with 456 I just put that in the
ddi table and direct it to icd 601?

I logged the calls from the rs232 port and noticed that the log says (D)456(I)xxxxx095. The last number is the line from which I dialled in (I was using a fax line which is not in the pbx). So the (D)456 is the last part of the number which the call came on?

Can you explain the real difference between DDI and DID? I thought they where just two different things referring to the same thing.

I thank you again and apologise for the many questions.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
They are the same one is direct dial (DDI) in and the other is direct in dial. (DID)

Yes if thats all that comes in thats all you need to enter. You could ask your telecom company how many numbers they send in to be sure. over here it varies so we normly use the full number and strip it one number at a time dow to 3 just to be sure.

On your first post you said about p-p or p-mp. point to point or point to multipoint. on as system with hunting this would be set to p-p. it will stop the lines from working if wrong setting, so if the lines are working ok the settings are fine. again you could ask your provider what they have set on the bri.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
silvio Offline OP
OP Offline
ok will ask the tele company. thanks again

the reason the all the calls are going to the operator group is because it is the default destination for an unrecognised ddi or no destination has been assigned to the ddi in the ddi tables

this means if you have set up the ddi table as suggested above with your number range , it is not corresponding with number sent from the exchange,an easy way to check this is in the utilities section run the isdn proticol trace ring in and sift thru the info from the call and find the number dialed , this is what your pbx is recieving from the exchange and reenter that format into the ddi tables
teh real easy way to tell if your onramp is set p-mp is after a few minutes of no activity on that onramp you onramp powers down and it will only reawaken when you are trying to get a line out (people complain they have to push the line key a couple of times or dial the number again because they couldn't get a line out the first time) if it is set wrong it is only a programming change at the exchange ,it happens all the time here with our carriers

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Yoda), 144 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024