Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PCGeekz Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a DBS-824 and we're using the Innovator 2.1 voicemail system. The people we purchased the voicemail through no longer support it so me being the Office Mgr, I get to maintain the phone system and voicemail, yah me, not!

I have a few questions but we'll start with my big one (at least it seems big to me the unknowing). When we first got the Innovator system we could push the voicemail button on the phone and an extension and it went right into the persons extension. It doesn't do that anymore, hasn't for over a year. When we put someone into voicemail we have to say, "When prompted Jenny's Extension is 18" so they have to listen to the voice prompts and put in the extension number. Does anyone know how I can change this back to just pushing the voicemail button and extension and it goes directly to that mailbox?

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Kat in WI

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please see this post. Look familiar?

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
PCGeekz Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it does but that's not my question this time.

When we first got the system you could push the assigned VM key and extention and get deposited directly into that VM box. That does not work now. The user need to push the extention number in themselves. I'm wondering how to get it working like it did when it was first set up by the company.

So yes the answer to the other question did get the VM key assigned for getting people in there but I want it so customers don't have to go thru hoops to leave a VM.

I am not sure what an 'assigned VM key' is. Do you mean VM x-fer key? Or a VM access key?

So what happens when you press just the 'extension key'?

Richard
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by PCGeekz:
Yes it does but that's not my question this time.
Yes it is smile
You are wanting to program a Voice Mail Transfer Button. Note that the program is *very* similar (you hit the auto button twice for VM Transfer)

Once you program the sequence below, pressing the VM Transfer button then dialing an extension (or pressing a DSS button) will-
1 Call the VM and wait for it to answer
2 Dial the extension number that was entered.

What is missing is that most VM's need to see a specific "trigger" digit before the extension that tells them "Hey, don't ring the phone, just play the greeting and take a message".
This digit is usually # or *, but could also be any other DTMF. Once you figure out what the digit is, program it in the sequence, just after the VM extension number.

QUESTION:

I need to set up a second button so that if they answer the phone they can push said button to put someone into the voicemail system.
ANSWER:

Program a Voicemail Transfer key.
Press On/Off button, Press program button, press Conf button, press Auto button twice, Dial Ext number of Vmail, press Hold.

I agree Joe.

Geekz, from what you have descibed, you have either lost your VM x-fer key, or you have lost your DSS keys.

Again, what happens if you press JUST your so called 'extension' key?

Are the extension keys on the main telephone unit, or are they on a separate 24 or 72 key DSS console?

Richard
PCGeekz Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, this makes sense now, I tried using the * or # and it just gives me the system busy signal. We have a 24 button phone, no console. We program from one main phone. Right now the #12 button gets us into the voicemail system. When we want to hear messages we press the #11 button. Hitting the #12 then extension used to just deposit into employee vm, now it just goes into the system and caller must enter in a 2 digit number to get to a specific persons vm.

When you say just press the extension key on an imcoming call? That transfers someone to that extenstion but pusing vm and extension just puts them into the system. I'm not sure I answered your question.

Originally posted by austintelecom:
Program a Voicemail Transfer key.
Press On/Off button, Press program button, press Conf button, press Auto button twice, Dial Ext number of Vmail, press Hold.
Try following Joe's advice on button #12.

Richard
PCGeekz Offline OP
OP Offline
Just did that "again" and nope same thing, caller gets the recording that says, "if you know your partys extention you can dial it at any time..." they dial extension then get, "you have just reached the voicemail box of..." and then can leave a message. Somehow we used to bypass the "if you know your partys extension..." part. That's what I'm trying to get past.

Thanks for your help so far

Kathy

When you are going thru the steps to program the VM x-fer key as described above, what are you entering as the extension # of the VM?

Richard
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,614 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 148 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024