web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#163172 11/14/08 01:06 PM
etkfixr Offline OP
OP Offline
I got two kxtd1232's for use at work. We are a WW2 battleship memorial and we will use them to reactivate the old analog phones onboard. They are supposed to be ROM zeros and I have the 192 kit but they don't seem to be talking. The first one is Sn: 5ICIG009054 and the chips under the cover say P101A (IC20) and P102A (IC21), the other is:
4D IC001650 with chips P011Q (IC20) and P012Q (IC21). Thanks for any help you can spare. Terry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I think they both have to be the same version and atleast -4 or higher.

Aaron
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
USS North Carolina, I assume? A bit awkward using a Japanese phone system in there, huh?

I've got some dual cabinet systems working on -3 software, but they are very problematic after power outages. It is true that both systems must be operating on the same software version.

The only problem I see is that upgrading will take you to the last version that was available (-7). Since you'll likely be jumping multiple version steps, you should consider defaulting the system and starting from scratch.

Are there any Panasonic dealers in your area? It might be worth talking with them before you do anything since Panasonic systems have been known to have a "mind of their own" when it comes to upgrades.

Otherwise, please check back here and we'll do what we can to assist.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
etkfixr Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I'm on the North Carolina, and yes its a bit awkward using Japanese parts. However, its better than trying to restore the original 200 line switchgear, and then replacing brushes and lubing it weekly. Thanks for the advice, considering how often we lose power and brown-out I think I'll be better off cross-wiring one of the COs into the other box, etc. It makes the phone books weird because you need to know when to dial a 9 to get into the other switch. Plus, this way I can still use the one good 123210 I have working. Terry

Terry:

How many analog extensions do you actually need to derive?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
KLD Offline
etkfixr, welcome to the BB.

Odds are that is a SC XY x-bar switch (popular with the Navy...no gravity required). If not, it would probably be an all relay (AE) with rotary switches.

Yes, how many slt ext do you need?

It might not be too hard to get the original running with the brain power around here. Check the forum for the "Antique Telephones"....there are centuries worth of experience there.

Again, welcome aboard.

Ken
---------
etkfixr Offline OP
OP Offline
Its an Automatic Electric system with the strowger switches. The switch cabinets are still there but the ringer motors, etc were scavenged years ago. We need 50 to 60 extensions. We have a group of living history interpreters that come in 4 times a year and they can call between offices using the original AE phones. That fills up the 123210 I have right now. I want to add a second so the maintenance guys can call around for assistance, a wrench, whatever using the LH guys phones or, if its not visible (like in an engine room), I'm just hooking up whatever cheap analog phones we can get. I was just intrigued by the idea of interconnecting 2 1232s to make one big switch. I think we can be happy cross-connecting them until everything starts to break and we can upgrade to -7s. One last question, how many SLT modules can a 1232 use? Terry
PS, it was REALLY cool the first time we got an original phone ringing onboard.

Terry, 64 slt sets on a dual cabinet but that's if both cabinets are full blown.
2 of the 170 cards in each cabinet.
If they are both base cabinets then only 16 apiece
It sounds like you have a version 1 and a pre version 1.
They are supposed to be the same version but you might get it work if you use the -1 (P101A) as the master and the other as the slave.
------------------------
MrG

If you would like a donation of excellent used Comdial equipment made in Charlottesville Virginia let me know.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I'll bet he gets innundated with offers! I offered analog Mitel SX100 or 200. Most genuinely deserving folks can probably get what they need here! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024