Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#163726 02/26/09 04:22 AM
CCSGINC Offline OP
OP Offline
Got a client that called about their system doing something very strange. Checked all cabling and connections, had AT&T verify their lines, and still no results. :confused:

While on the phone in a conversation, the system appears to mute the call totally (Both sides - Caller and Receiver) this happens for 4 to 5 seconds, then all of a sudden the caller is back and both parties hear each other.

I've seen where calls are dropped, but MUTED???

Has anyone got any ideas?

It is a KX-TA824 with 7 extentions using KX-T7731 phones.

Thanks in advance wink

Kirk Herron
A mistake on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I've seen on the 624 where a short on the data pair of any station will knock all 8 ports on the card out. If it is a high-resistance short, it would be just enough to cause an overload that quickly resets within a few seconds. In the cases where I've seen this, the culprit has been when stainless steel wall phone jacks were mounted on a metal ring. The clearance was just barely enough to short the yellow and black terminals.

If possible, I'd isolate this by disconnecting any and all wall-mounted phones AT THE KSU for a while and see if the problem clears up. If so, then a simple process of elimination should have you straight in no time.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Kirk, there is a software patch for that or just upgrade it to the latest version.
The patch was released around June of 08 as I recall.
You can download it from the BTS site.
--------------------------------
MrG

CCSGINC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for you replies!

First I must say that we did not install any of the cabling, and that the system was bought by the customer as a refurbished unit. It also has been installed for over 7 months now. This problem only started 3 months ago. So the system operated fine for 4 months.

They state it has gotten worse over time, and is particularly on one extension, but has happened on other extensions, and it doesn't matter what line they are on.

I believe ED is on to something, as this was my main concern after visiting the site 3 months ago, when they first told me about this problem. (I will take pictures tomorrow and post them here for you to see)

During the first trouble call, they told me it was dropping the calls, not muting them, and after a 3 hour visit checking connections, connectors and cross-connects, we could never get it to do it.

So tomorrow, we are going to start by checking, verifying and testing all the cabling to each phone. They are stating that it happens 3 or 4 times a day now, so maybe we can get it to happen while we are there to narrow down the problem. I think Ed has a good idea by isolating each phone. By the way Ed, they only have 1 wall-mounted phone and I do not think it is on a Metal plate. But I will use your idea by disconnecting all the phones, and then reconnecting them one at a time.

Kirk Herron
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Please help Kirk i have 2 ea. of the same systems doing the same thing.One was installed less than a month ago ,the other almost a year.I have tried everthing even replaced KSU on one of them.Thanks Amos

CCSGINC Offline OP
OP Offline
Amos,

Have you tried the patch or upgrade?

Kirk Herron
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
YEs, Yes, Yes I have the same problem for the last few months. A 4-5 second silience on both ends with the remote party hearing like a short DTMF tone or screech. My end will hear silence with and increase in back ground volume like someone picks up an another phone on an old POTS line system, if that makes sense. I thought it was my VOIP lines and had replaced modems and adaptor boxs with no fix. Found out it also happens on my POTS line! Had a previous KXTA-624 with no issues. If it is a firmware fix, what is the latest version for KXTA-824 as I have Y911AG070731(M)3.0.3. If there is an upgrade can I get it from someplace else other than BTsupport as I don;t have a login? Thanks for this post as I have been trying to solve this for a while!

I see there is a patch on the Panasonic dealer site. I can send it to anyone that can not get on the site.

Stephanie

Do the job right the first time.
Thanks a million Phone Girl! The patch worked like a charm and fixed all my drop out issues. To bad that this issue is not widely known out on the web! I went from a 3.0.3 to 3.0.3I firmware to all those that may have issues like mine.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,578 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Andyreed), 108 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024