web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a KXTD 1232 the voice mail is a KX-TVS850 and it requires a higher ROM version in the KSU. I assume this is the chip under the screw on front cover. I have yet to contact my supplier Im wondering if this is going to become a situation. Has anyone ever upgrade the rom in a KXTD :p -1232? Any input appreciated....

The FLDiver

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm assuming you mean the voicemail is a KX-TVS50, since I've never heard of an 850. I don't know why you would need a higher ROM version of the TD1232, but upgrades are done by replacing the EPROMS. They are located under the little door inside the KSU. You lift the old ones out and place the new ones in. Back up your data first!

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey thanks Kev thats pretty much what I thought the following is straight out of the KXTV-S50 manual sorry about the typo my rom is only a P231SYMMDDA thus requiring a rom update

4.3.1 KX-TD1232 Software Verification and Programming for
Digital Integration via the Manager's Extension
It is important that the KX-TD1232 has the proper software level to allow Digital Integration
with the VPS. Follow the procedures below to confirm the software level, then complete the
required programming before starting up the VPS.
Note
Two methods of programming are available on the KX-TD1232. The instructions below
show how to program without the operating and maintenance tool. For instructions on
programming with the operating and maintenance tool, please see 4.3.2 KX-TD1232
Software Verification and Programming for Digital Integration via the Operating and
Maintenance Tool.
All of the following procedures must be done after entering system programming. Refer
to the KX-TD1232 Installation Manual for instructions on how to enter the system
programming mode.
Software Verification
1. Verify Software - If you are configuring a 2-cabinet system, remember to check both
cabinets. The software must be the same in each. Check the software version of the KXTD1232
using System Program [116].
Example: P231UYMMDDA
The underlined digits represent the software production date code (year, month, day). For
Digital Integration, the software version of the PBX must be P231U or higher.
(For KX-TD816, the version must be version P301O or higher for Digital Integration to be
utilized.)
If the software version of the PBX is lower than this, call National Parts Center (1-800-

The FLDiver
Installing Key & PBX systems since 1977

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok so how do I get the ROM updated? Anyone know? And since this is a 1232td Version 4 how can the rom not support voice mail?

I'm telling you, I've put voicemails on the -0 version. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but a -4 does not need to be upgraded to support a TVS voicemail.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
I hear ya bro so lets say that my rom although lower than a P232U mine is a P232S. I am trying to just go on and program this beast when I power up the VM I get the following
Checking Flash Memory Cards.
Please wait...

PORT TEST ...

SYSTEM SETUP ...

1.. 2.. 3.. 4..

Active COs : 1 2
APT Interface Connection is not Established

** OFF LINE MODE **

By what Im reading a "\" should give me the menu but it does not so how do I get to the system administrator top menu? Any help greatly appreciated.....

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok I got into programming...so nevermind thanks for your help may need more later but thanks again...

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024