web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
My preference would be a Panasonic phone, since they seem to have pretty good reliability. I only need it to be 1-line. It's for my house. What I would LIKE to find is one that has a dual keypad (keypad on the base), answering machine, as well as a second wireless handset (besides the one that charges on the base). All of the 5.8gHz Panasonic cordless phones I've seen are designed to set on a table, and then have that "wall-mount" bracket, that basically supports under the base, as if it were setting on a table, causing it to stick out from the wall. I want one that mounts flat against the wall. I know Panasonic has done a couple things for this in the past: either have the charging cradle flip up, or have a locking mechanism, to prevent the phone from falling out of the cradle. I'm looking for 5.8gHz, so as to not interfere with my 802.11g wireless network.

I've been trying to avoid V-Tech, because of their reputation for bad batteries (is that a problem anymore?). This is also the same reason why I'm avoiding AT&T cordless phones, since they seemed to have been made by V-Tech in the past. I'm also not fond of Uniden, as I don't think their reputation has been that great for consumer-grade phones.

Anyway, if anyone can make some recommendations, I'd sure appreciate it. I've been unable to come up with anything as of yet.

Thanks!

Justin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Justin, picky-picky! Buy the V-tech and get a Radio Shack battery for it! And HOW IN THE HECK did Panasonic come up with that MM wallmount method so the dang thing looks like it's on a shelf! I'm clumsy anyway, I'd probably knock the phone, base, and jack off the wall the 1st time I got near it! smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Spam Hunter
Online Content
Spam Hunter
VTech still makes AT&T branded telephones and the agreement they inked with Lucent Technologies back in 2000, was for 10 years.

AT&T telephones, in general, have not been bad with batteries, however, VTech does not have a very good track record for making products that last. Their lower priced telephones tend to fail sooner rather than later.

I like older AT&T telephones (ones that were designed by Lucent Technologies and built by Phillips Electronics back in 1998).

The 922, 925, 960, 962 & 965 are some of my favs! :thumb:

DECT phones are now hitting the USA market. I'll be curious to see how well they sell, work and stand the test of time.

I Love FEATURE 00
I will have to look and see what I have at home. My main unit sits on the cupboard(or can be wall mounted) and the cordless sits in its own charger(which doesn't need the phone line). works quite well. Both have displays for caller-ID,etc. I believe it is a Panasonic, but will check. the main unit has the built in digital answering machine.

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
and jack off the wall the 1st time I got near it!
:rofl:

Just a thought, 'cause they are high $, have you considered Engenius. They have several different systems, but I don't know frequencies, or if they have answering machines. All I know for sure is they can really "reach out and touch someone"! John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I love the V-tech's. I have them in the hands of our work IT staff and they work great. I bought one for home with two handsets and we love it.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
OP Offline
Rhonda, which model do you have?

I wish I had read this before buying my V-Techs just recently! No problems with them so far except the sound quality isn't that great and I lose range pretty quickly. With my old phone I could go out in the yard and not notice any interference, but with the V-tech I'm experiencing signal interference 2 rooms from the base. I'd have to check my model at home too...

(P.S.: Sorry for contributing to the hijack!!)

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
No hijack. That's useful information. If you get a chance to check, let me know the model of that one, because I want to avoid it. smile

Thanks!

Justin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024