web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Is there any way to get extension access to a KX-TD1232 from a mailbox of a KX-TVS50? Prior to installing the TVS50, I had a 3rd party CallXpress voicemail with analog integration, and I was able to configure it to dial a CO code from within the mailbox. I had that particular CO line loopbacked to an extension, so basically, I could call into the voicemail, and then access the system as is I was an extension. That allows me to make calls on other lines, do paging, doorphone access, etc. The AA on the TVS50 allows extension access, but apparently not direct CO line access. I know the DISA card allows you to do this, but I was hoping to find a way to do it with the TVS50.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#8 evokes auto attendant function so you can dial
in do #6 * xxx listen to messages then dial #8
key in 113 for the guest house and it will transfer you to ext 113 ...

you will not be able to page of call door box
but I think I tried this take a dummy ext(100) and
fwd it to a co with 9 pause or 9 1 pause dial you wont hear dial tone dial away

remember If you dial in with a cell phone and then
do a co to co conference you will find that it is useless you wont be able to hear.. unless you have a conference chip in the system it may be usable

OP Offline
A dummy extension with a permanent forward to CO indeed does the trick! Once I access that extension, the VM system transfers to the CO line. It takes about 10 seconds for it to cut through, but once it does that, I get dial tone and have full access. So, if I hook up the CO line to an extension line, I will have full access to an extension and will be able to page, etc.

Yes, I realize I will need the +6db conference chip for usable CO to CO calls.

Thanks!

glad I can help !!

Hi everyone. I discovered this afternoon that you can't use ext groups if an extension in the group is forwarded to voicemail. It makes sense that this can't happen because if the phones ring (using ring) the system does not really pick an extension, so it would not know what voicemail box to send the caller to. i am guessing there is a way around this. I am thinking Phantom buttons. ideas?

So the other issue is this.
Customer has 2 lines for service. The way it is now, an 800 number is pointed to the service line and the phones ring as an outside line ringing. If either phone does not get answered or both are busy, we use telco fwd busy and FWD no answer to go to answer service.

This needs to stay intact so I find out.
What the customer wants now is using the same 800 number, they want the VM (a TVA200) to grab the calls. Provide a custom menu, press 1 to transfer off premise to a different answer service and press 2 to get to the local service guys.

Testing this i found the volume quite low. I NEED one of those Conference Chips or if its readily available, what the number is.

After we tested, calling the normal 800 number, it went to the first service line and was picked up by the new CS. That makes sense. a big loop though. This way also loses the fail over by the phone company as the call is now done at the extension level if i make a press 1 press 2 for each guy. The phone will then ring and go to VM. Thats not where they want the call to go.

any ideas please? I think they need another 800 number towards a different set of lines to handle the off premise calls and the new menu.

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad
Some toll free services will offer a type of auto attendant built into the toll free number.
This may be your best bet- the toll free number could give the options and still get forwarded either to the answering service or the pbx.

The TD1232 was not designed to allow "EFA" (external feature access) which the TDA/TDE and more recent systems can do- that can trigger a hook flash to make use of the telco transfer features.
The conference chip did not really do a good job, and good luck finding one. That system is extremely outdated.
If you did try forwarding though the pbx you would also need additional lines to help carry the calls, as two line would be tied up for the duration of every forwarded call.

Kall8 is a toll free service I use that I believe offers auto attendant features, they have reseller options.
kall8.com

Next task is to try to get the customer to upgrade...

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by realfoneguy
Hi everyone. I discovered

This post is over 10 years old. Always best to start a new one.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,451 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (aweaver, Andyreed), 190 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024