web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#166829 06/30/10 04:24 PM
OP Offline
I have a TVM-50 that, when it uses a custom menu to transfer to local extensions - the phone set rings, but when I pick it up, I hear a greeting recorded 4 years ago - one that I cannot find on the system now (not even in the other custom menus). The caller only hears ringing and then it terminates to the voicemail for that extension.

Weird, no?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Each ext mailbox has 3 greetings that can be used,
No Answer, Busy, After Hours. Sometime people change and the after hours greeting of mailbox does not get changed. If I understand your question, not very clear.
You are saying a call comes in, answered by Auto Attendant, transferred to an ext, ext rings then you answer ext and hear a greeting??? You should be connected to outside caller at that point.
Tell us the exact sequence of events that brings on this Phantom greeting.

Maybe its doing a screened transfer, and the system prompt "you have a call" was changed to something else?

OP Offline
Actually even if I don't use auto attendant it happens. Phone system rings through to all lines. No one answers. Flips to auto and my custom message one for Daytime answer. They select to transfer to extension. That person at that extension picks up and it is an old internal greeting that is playing to the internal phone user. Externally they think no one answered and they eventually end up in the voicemail.

This message that is played is NOT found as any of the three messages available to any extension currently setup on the system.

I am starting to wonder if I should factory default and set it up again. I've never done the tvm setup before as the company we purchased the phone system from went belly up.

I think ICTelco nailed it.
Change your transfer sequence to FXA and see if it still happens. If it is a prompt, you may also get rid of it by setting the COS and all related programming to "use system prompt"
Then you can go back and check the prompts.
Also, if the system isn't that large you may consider a default and rebuild.
---------------------------
MrG

OP Offline
Can you access these messages from the TVM software? Or do you have to use the 101 extension to access and change the system prompts...?

The problem I'm having is that I cannot find any documentation on the use of the software (I'm running TVM Maintenance Console 0.008)... I have not found any reference to a newer version.

I appreciate the help...

OP Offline
Hey everyone - finally found where it was hiding - there's a Utility menu at the top where ALL of the Service Recordings are accessed. Finally found that someone has overwritten the Exit message.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, highlysecptial), 167 guests, and 129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024