web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Like many, I got the phone system dumped on me even though I know nothing about it!

Our system is set up to run a custom menu as soon as you dial our # from an outside line. I tried changing the delayed answer time for the Service Group in the TVA-50 software to 15sec before the menu kicks in, but it only rings on the caller's end, not internally here at the office, so I think this has to be controlled through the TD1232 (because I'm trying to change the behavior of the phone lines before they get to the VM system).

I basically want to have an incoming call ring to a few different extensions 5 or 6 times before the Custome Service Menu kicks in.

I also don't see any jacks on the TD1232 other than an old 232 port, so I grabbed one of the programmable phones in the office and started playing around with it, but it will only let me change programs 001-009. So I figure this is because I need to associate the jack/extension I'm using with the System Manager, right? In any case I tried that but to no avail- it still won't allow me to change any of the more advanced program settings settings on the TD1232. I guess I'm kind of lost and looking for the next step on this.

It seems like a simple thing do do but the more I read about these two pieces of equipment and their respective manuals the more lost I get. Thanks in advance for any kind of help I can get!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You need remove the delay that you put on the TVA.
then you need to make 3 adjustments on the TD
through the keypad at jack 01 most likely ext 101
pgm 203 is your intercept timer set that 5 rings .

Remove Dil 1:1 to ext 165 in pgms 603-604 on lines
that you want the delay
and then give your day and night ringing assignments to individual exts you want to ring in pgm 407 and 408 and set your trunk group IRNA routes pgm 409-410 for each trunk group that you want the delay on
this is right out of the table of contents out of the programing guide....that I just read for you!!

Admin
Admin
There are 2 passwords associated with a TD-1232 and clearly, you have the wrong one. The system installer password is usually applied through a phone connected to the first port in the box.

If you need help, it's beyond the scope of this forum to do that, especially since you're from the "US". That's a pretty large area.

Try searching for a Panasonic dealer, using the "find and installer" tab or try www.kxt411.com and put in your zip code.

Carl

OP Offline
Guys,

Thanks very much for the response, and Kxvet- I figured the codes I needed were the 603 604 codes (so that gives me confidence I'm on the right track), but the problem is I can't access those codes from the phone. I searched the office and finally found the 101 extension, plugged the phone in, and punched in the default password but I can still only program 001 to 009. I checked program 006 to make sure that the operator and manager were both on jack 01, but it still won't let me program 603. Is there something else I'm missing?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
IS EXT 101 PORT 01? Extension numbers are flexible and movable!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Yes I checked prgrm 003 to make sure ext 101 was jack 01. I think the problem is I don't have the system mngr password, and the previous guy in charge left. So unless there is a back door or a workaround I might be screwed. I guess I could to a system data clear, but I don't know if that will screw something else up.

You had better have the number handy to a local Panasonic dealer before doing a system data clear. You will need it. It will default your system.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
There's a major difference in "User Programming" and "Admin Programming". One will allow you to screw up minor things, and the other will potentially get you fired.......
I agree, find a certified dealer and everyone will be happy..............

Admin
Admin
For the second time. THERE ARE TWO PASSWORDS assocated with a TD. If you can't get beyond 009, YOU HAVE THE WRONG PASSWORD. Did you miss understanding that? Don't reply back about System anything. You don't have the INSTALLER password, and that's the only one that gets you beyond 009 if additional access hasn't been given (and I don't remember if it's controllable in a TD).

Carl

OP Offline
Carl,

Sorry, I'm a total newbie learning this on the fly, while I'm juggling ten other things at the office, so yes I MISUNDERSTOOD. And having a local dealer come in is not an option- they made cutbacks at the company, I'm handling the job of 3 other people that left, and they aren't going to bring a tech in. So if I break it, I break it.

In any case, I was able to get into the system as Admin and change some things around, including allowing the phone to ring to an extension before it kicks over to ext. 165. A few more tweaks to figure out how to have an incoming call ring to multiple extensions at once and I'm a happy camper. I will try to dig though the forum a bit more to find that info though. Thanks all for your help guys.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,660 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024