web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm new to here, I've been a KX-TD dealer since
version 1,never sold very many back then.
Anymore I use the dealer windows based
tool and I guess I've forgot what a pain the rev 1s
were. I am using the e1232a version from the BTS website, using the interactive menu option, sometimes the programming takes,sometimes not.

I am working the dos program out of a dos window,
on XP pro.

I just added a TVS75 and it's up and working,
got them on cs1 and a dial 1 sub menu of cs2 for a company directory.

I am doing vm intercept to 165 after a rna timeout for the aa.

My biggest problem is on 4 of the 10 sets I can't
set the busy/na transfer to 165 on the sets.
Dialing 7105, worked for the other 6.
When I press the dnd/fwd PF button where it should be it does nothing. if I use the station users prog number XX I can't set the PF button to dnd/fwd. I also have tried to prog the button from
the system menu 005 and that doesn't seem to work
either.
I am at the point where I have built a fire and am camped out, my customer is starting to have that glazed look and so am I. My check is on the desk and they'd be happy if I can just get those sets to bzy/na trans to vm 165...... The sets are all 7230's. What am I missing? :bang:

Best Regards and many thanks,

Chris Saner
Saner Comm.
Houston, TX

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

where did the -1 come from ?did you initialize first ? Do 790# at problem exts.Do you have any 4 other ports spare?

Having the opposite problem of working on mostly the older versions, and having had this problem many times on the first version, you might want to try defaulting the telephone
enter program mode 99 press, dial #, hit store, all the phones buttons will go back to having its original features on it.

OP Offline
The phone has been there awhile, I am kinda afraid
Of init ing it, and it is so close,the exts are not on the
Same board, they are random, you are right though,
I do have 3 exts vacant and they don't want vm on their kitchen ext , so that could be a work around!
I will try also the 790 and,the 99# sta programming.
I think also I'll bring my old w98 laptop. Also I was using
The interactive mode instead of batch, I seem to recall,
_1 could only use batch. Anyone recall that?

Thanks

Chris

So if you go to the set and press intercom then press FWD/DND and dial 5165 it doesn't turn on FWD B/NA 165 on the set? I believe what you are using is how you program a button for FWD/DND there is already a stock FWD/DND button on the phone. And by default it is not programmed for any function. 5165 will set it for Busy/No Answer to extn 165.
And if you have anything funky on the button 790 will clear it.

I've never had any problem with the dos software in interactive mode. Batch is only used to program the system offline and then upload the programmed file to the system. Check your version of the ea1232 they are backward compatible but there was a version for -0 systems.

OP Offline
Ok Got it to work thanks for all the help!

I had to do the 790 and the 99 # multiple times,
then I had a flash and did a cancelling of call forwarding (OH)FWD/DND 0, and it started responding
again. The freaky thing about it is...the programming changes I did two days prior assigning a voice mail button and a VTR button and copying to all the sets was working and in effect. It didn't take, although it appeared to take it in the programming the flex keys on the sets never changed. I even power cycled the ksu.
???????

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chris
Saner Communications
Houston, TX

I can't remember which version it was but one of them allowed you to program more than one setting to the fwd/dnd button and then pressing it would cycle the setting from say fwd to dnd but it didn't work on all versions, and cancelling the fwd settings was the only way to reprogram the fwd/dnd button.

Change from FWD cycle on off to std FWD button is system wide in additional fields.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Touch Tone Tommy, KRRath, Curlycord), 72 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024