web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jemmyn Offline OP
OP Offline
System: Panasonic KX-TD1232 v4
Voicemail: KX-TVS75
Phone: KX-TD7425

I have a bare bones 1232 which I am installing in a school. I want to set these phones up as an intercom system so the office can dial one of the classroom phones and it will automatically answer no matter what. (instead of ringing and the teacher having to pick up the phone)

I would like to make it so each of the classroom phones has the auto-answer permanently on. In other words if someone pushed the Auto Answer button it would not turn off.

Is there any way to do this with the current phones? If not are there other phones that this feature can be set to stay on? We have 12 classrooms total. I am open to any suggestions. I even considered physically opening each of the phones and disabling the auto answer button. (I just don't know how I would turn it on after that though because it seems like every time the phones gets power cycled auto answer defaults to off.)

Thanks all!

-Jemmyn
[Panasonic KX-TD1232]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you could change the internal call type to voice, it will call in but not be able to answer back. other than that disable the auto answer button and have one handset to enable it at each phone if the unit is powered off

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
jemmyn Offline OP
OP Offline
I really appreciate the reply.

So changing the internal call type to voice would basically make it auto answer with the microphone muted so even though the office could speak to the class the class would not be able to reply without picking up the handset? Or would they actually have to initiate another call to have two way communications? I will experiment with it. Any idea where I would change that?

Maybe its time to program a 3-2-3 chip to watch for the aa light and if its off it would trigger the button (close the circuit to the auto answer button)

-Jemmyn
[Panasonic KX-TD1232]
Turn it on then superglue the button so they can't press it =) Why not I've had people spill stuff on them and get the buttons stuck. You could always plug in a phone with a working one to turn it back off if you needed to.

I would not superglue the buttons that is a little extreme and irreversible(the following week the customer may get complaints from the teachers that one could easedrop on the classroom or they want the option to have their classroom to ring takes about 15 mins per phone to do what I suggest.) you can open the phones and put black tape over the switch circuit below the auto ans button and enable it with another phone like the fella above suggests.I have done this on the 123211D phones and and Delta Galaxy phones were the customer wanted something crazy or system was just not as flexible as they are now.....and the had to reverse it later when they realized How messed up their request was !!

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
If speaker in only was enough, they could just use the * after dialing extension to voice in, and have a choice to leave it ringing or voice in

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
true could put double dss at attendant station and store each location with the star after it mark button call room xxx

Yeah I know superglue is extreme hence the smiley face after was a jest.

jemmyn Offline OP
OP Offline
Since the button is not an actual toggle switch and just a digital button depending on the mode that that extension was already in when you plugged in the phone, it seems like superglue or tape could have an opposite effect.

As OBT said if you change the call from tone to voice it appears that it basically just forces Auto Answer on, As is mentioned here: https://www.fixya.com/support/t1855032-panasonic_kx_t7433

I have yet to find out if the teachers will be able to answer back or if it functions more like a one-way paging intercom. I will post back here once I try though.

-Jemmyn
[Panasonic KX-TD1232]
In forced Voice mode the mic is off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024