web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a TVA50 Voice Mail system that accompanies our TA824 Phone System. The systems themselves are working fine, but we are just now having trouble connecting to our system with the KX-TVA Maintenance Console: every time we do Connect > USB, it gives the following error:
The system cannot find any USB device connected to your computer.

I'm not sure what happened - we haven't knowingly changed anything, and it worked fine before. We've tried reinstalling the Console and driver, and also restarting the computer, but none of that solved the problem. Suggestions on how to fix this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You did what I would have suggested. Try a different USB cord/port and if that doesn't work try a different computer.

OP Offline
Thanks for your advice.

I forgot to mention that I had already tried a different port.

I also sort of tried a different USB cable. We don't actually have another one long enough to connect the Voice Mail system to the computer, but the Phone system is closer and connecting fine in the console so I took the cable plugged into the Voice Mail system and switched it to the Phone system, and the console still worked - so I must conclude that it's not the USB cable.

We're attempting to connect it to another computer, but are having issues getting the driver installed - the "New Hardware Found" wizard never popped up and I haven't been able to force the driver to be installed by using the Add Hardware wizard in the Control Panel. I'm not sure how we're going to deal with that - perhaps see if we can find another computer to try.

In the meantime, any other suggestions?

OP Offline
I've tried another computer and USB cable now, and it's still not popping up the "New Hardware Found" wizard. Also no luck with the Add Hardware wizard in the Control Panel.

Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Find where you saved the driver and then look a device manager you didn't say what version of windows you have on your laptop so these directions would apply to Win ME, 2k and xp you will find the tva has a yellow triangle with a ! in it left click on it and click update driver and manually install them from the location you saved try to connect if that does not work unplug tva usb and remove tva in device manager reboot tva and then plug usb from tva back into Laptop usb port windows should at this point should look for the driver and you should get a balloon saying searching for driver windows may or may not find it you may have to tell windows were it is if it fails to locate.....

May need to call yo IT guy.

OP Offline
Thanks for your suggestions. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I already tried forcing it to update / reinstall the driver. I tried again just for kicks, but still no luck.

I would like to reiterate that there is no problem connecting to the TA824 Phone System. The TVA50 Voice Mail System is working (Run indicator is lit, Alarm indicator is off); it used to be recognized when connected to a computer, but it is not being recognized any longer.

Here's a recap of my troubleshooting:

Original Computer (Win XP)
- Try a different USB port
- Check the USB cable
- Reinstall the Maintenance Console
- Update the driver
- Restart the computer
- Restart the TVA50
- Remove the driver
- Install the driver (cannot install, it will not recognize that the USB is plugged in: the New Hardware Found wizard does not pop up when the cable is plugged in; right-clicking on USB Controllers in the Device Manager and selecting Scan for Hardware Changes results in nothing; trying to add it manually through the Control Panel's Add Hardware is unsuccessful)

Laptop (Win XP)
- Install Maintenance Console
- Plug in the USB; does not recognize it, same as last step above

3rd Computer (Win XP)
- Install Maintenance Console
- Plug in the USB; does not recognize it, same as before
- Try a different USB cable

Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I really need to configure the system!

Got a spare LAN card you can pop in the TVA and see if you can connect via Ethernet?

What rev tva is this if its not the latest update it?You can also install stock internal modem in the tva.What version of tva maint console ?If you have a dealer id download the latest !There used to be if all else fails driver patch but do no know if it made the transition since we are on the 3rd incarnation of bts dealer .This may not apply to you butI had connection issue on one issueand after a lot of head scratching it turned out my firewall that was blocking access to tva.

OP Offline
According to About > Help, we have Version 0.027 - but the title bar shows Ver. 1.1 Mode in parentheses after TVA Maintenance Console.

I checked the firewall - that doesn't seem to be the problem. I added the KX-TVA Maintenance Console to the exceptions list, and it still won't connect.

When I navigated to the link you mentioned in your PM (https://www.kxtsystem.com/download/USBDriver.htm), I read the note and noticed that it specifically says KX-TA824 - that's the Phone system, which I am not having trouble with. Do you know if the program lets you choose which INF file to use?

Of course I still haven't been able to make the computer recognize that there's actually a device attached, which if you ask me seems to be the root of the problem. The TVA doesn't even show up in the Device Manager when I plug in the USB (come to think of it, I don't think I mentioned that before). Given that, I'm not convinced it's a problem with the driver or software - I'm more inclined to think there's a problem with some component of the TVA. Unfortunately we don't have an extra LAN card, because that sounds like a good candidate to determine whether there might be a problem with the USB port on the TVA end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024