Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#169494 09/06/11 06:24 AM
OP Offline
Hello,

You guys always have the quickest answers to my problems and it helps me learn the Ins & outs of these things so much! It helps me teach others on here when I can as well.

I have a user who is claiming that caller ID is working intermittently on the phones at their office. They are using a TVA50 - TDA50 setup.

I recall there being some sort of setting to adjust the amount of rings before the phone system picks up a call and am thinking thats the problem. Except I havent been able to find it the past few times I looked.

Also IM not sure if anyone else is having this problem (As no one can ever recall and dont get as many calls as this other person). Is there a possibility that this user might have played with a feature on their phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Don

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

if the tva is not doing a blind transfer you won't get caller id.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
And if they are jumping on incoming calls on the 1st ring, they're cutting off the CID. It comes 'down the line' from the C.O. between the 1st & 2nd ring.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
If caller id is enabled on the TDA it is impossible to pickup a call on the first co ring the tda absorbs the first ring so when the tda actually starts audible ringing its on the top of co ring 2.

OP Offline
Kxtvet thank you for this info. Caller ID is enabled, and staff have said on occassion recieve some calls with caller id, but most of them do not.

I know on a different tva system I was able to change the amount of time the phone system picks up a call for caller id to come through. Ie wait x amount of seconds.

Where would I look for the blind transfer setting?

Weird I have no issues with Caller ID passing from a TDE100 or TDA50 to the TVA line and I don't have blind transfer on any of them. For a test I just called a client that has a TDE100 and a TVA50 and AA answers all calls and transfers to a ring group and they received the caller ID on all sets.

The timer (TDA) you are looking for is in 2.3 Misc tab default is 5 seconds.

Make sure your No Answer Timer in the voicemail is longer than your Intercept No Answer Timer in the KSU

TVA- CID Timer/ System Parameters/ Parameters

PBX Parameters/PBX Environment

Receive Caller ID

Waiting time to receive Caller ID

Blind Transfer/same folder

Ext/Operator/Alternate Ext transfer sequence

TDA console

System/ Timers and Counters

Misch/Caller ID
Waiting to Receive Default 5 sec
Visual Caller ID Def 30 sec

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,854
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,662 Shoretel
189,568 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024