web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My customer has a TDE100 and is using DT343 telephones. They have a TVA50 voice messaging system. Each extension has their own personal mailbox. They are using auto attendant as a back up to their live receptionist.

Here is my problem. One extension has a message waiting light that will not turn off. I deleted all of the new messages, which should have triggered the light to go off, but it didn't. I deleted all of the old messages, leaving the mailbox empty, but still the light stays on. I deleted the voice mailbox entirely, and the message waiting light stays on. I looked to see if there was a station to station message, but there was not. I looked to see if the general delivery mailbox was somehow pointing to this extension, and it was not. I went in to the program and disabled the message waiting light and it still stays on. I changed telephones and the light stays on.

Can someone help? I have no idea where else to look.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Have you tried moving the Ext to a different port?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Have you tried *700 plus own extension number to clear lamp

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
I always do an extension data clear, *790. OBT's sounds better tho. If you press Intercom button then built in message button, does it not call another phone?

Aaron
OP Offline
Thank you all for the great suggestions. Lightninghorse, no I didn't try to move the extension....thought about deleting the extension and rebuilding it, but didn't.....

OBT....isn't *700 the same as turning the lamp off?

94astro....I will try the built in message button idea and see what happens...

Thanks all!

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
it is the code to clear the message lamp for all messages sent to that phone, if that does not clear the lamp, I don't know what could have triggered it to light

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
If the Message button does call another phone, that phone has to answer in order for the message light to clear.

Aaron
This is a bizarre feature on the Panasonic Systems.
Say you work in a large office and can't see the door when people come to work. You need Bill to call you as soon as he gets into the office. So you call Bill's extension and while it's ringing because he's not in you press YOUR Message button on your phone and it will light Bill's MW light. When Bill arrives at the office he picks up his phone and presses the MW button and it calls whoever lit the light on his phone. Only bad thing is that the light will NOT go out unless the called party answers the phone. So if you leave the office before Bill comes in his light will remain lit until he calls using the MW light and you answer.
Also if this is a display phone after he pushes the MW button the display should say which EXTN it is trying to call.

*700+Extn # of the phone with the light lit will cancel any MW light on that phone.

Also the things you did were all to the TVA system which just dials DTMF codes to light the light on the TDE. When you listen to messages the TVA sends more DTMF codes to turn the light off. Deleting the mailbox does not send any DTMF codes to the TDE to turn off currently lit lights.

Bill could also clear the light by pressing the message button and when the ext shows in the display he can hit the soft key under cancel and the light will go out and no callback needed

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Thank you for that I did not know that. See you can teach an old dog new tricks. smile

Originally posted by Bopper:
Bill could also clear the light by pressing the message button and when the ext shows in the display he can hit the soft key under cancel and the light will go out and no callback needed

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 84 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024