web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
johnp Offline OP
OP Offline
I was looking for some help with configuration. Site is looking for 4 desk phones and 4 rugged wireless sets.

I haen't dealt with the TDA50 but am certified on KX-TD816-1232. The rules for the 50 have seem kind of ambigious.

I figure I need the base plus an expansion card( which one I'm not sure. Since it's a small environment maybe the one 8 channel cell and the phones.

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction.

John

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The TDA50G comes in a base configuration of 4 lines and 4 extensions. I'd recommend getting the KX-TDA5176 (8 port) expansion card since the price difference between it and the smaller 4-port (KX-TDA5170) one is relatively small. That way, you'll still have plenty of extra ports left over for future expansion.

I've never dealt with the Panasonic cordless phones (too expensive) but normally I believe you'll need an additional power supply in order to connect more than 4 corded phones to the system.

Are you certified on the TDA50G? Without the certification, you won't be able to purchase/register the system and you need it in order to access the maintenance console software.

Admin
Admin
The TDA-50 and the discontinued TAW-848 start as a 4x4 box. In the digital box, you can buy both analog and digital cards in 4 and 8 port configurations. The digital is a certified product. The cell stations for the 50/848 are two-cell units. If you're looking to operate 4 digital phones and 4 cordless, then you need to expand the system...sort of. The 4 base ports in a 50 are digital hybrid ports, similar to the TD series ports. After that, you either go analog, analong PITS, or digital. Nobody in their right mind would buy older phones for a TDA box, as after 4, you need to add a power supply. You can run about 20-24 Pana 76xx/DT-3xx phones with the base power supply. Also, even though it's twice the price, I'd recommend the 8-port digital card over the 4-port. It saves your 4-port slots and gives you a bit of headroom. The analog cards will get your attention; they're expensive.

IIRC certification on the 50 is a web class and test. I think all you need is a pulse and a credit card :-)

Carl

Removed. Not for public distribution. Please read the rules for posting. Basically, if it's not in the 'user guide' this info belongs in 'Installer'

Don't trust the site that the guy above posted
info there is not necessarily the north american version users guide your dealer should or were you
bought the system should be able to send you the proper pdf or paper users guide!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,640 Shoretel
189,523 CTX100 install
187,781 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024