Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#170803 07/19/12 12:25 PM
wrxs Offline OP
OP Offline
have a simple question for this phone, Do you have to use the mounting cords that come with it, like the att 4 lines phones, i have a customer that is having x-talk and the building has recently been recabled with cat 5, i did find that a cable to the shop was bad, but none of the phones on the property (8) have batteries in them, and they all are using wal-mart 25 ft mounting cords, the manuel says nuttin about this. thanks for any help out there. dinker.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
You don't have to, they are standard RJ-14 cords. Try cutting the number of connected phones in half or using 7' line cords on all phones to see if the crosstalk goes away. You may find a bad cord set, or all the 25 foot cables are interacting with each other. If you're splitting an 8-pin jack into two 2-pair jacks, it's critical how you split them, but if you're just using two twisted pairs for each jack, then I'd look for another source of trouble. How the flat cords route to the phones may be the key.

Carl

wrxs Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you so much, i have installed the att 1080 4 line phones and they require special mounting cords, just have never seen the panasonic model and the customer said that they have had this for years, i tested at demarc, and the touble is in-house for sure. thanks again and will dig deeper.

wrxs Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you so much, i have installed the att 1080 4 line phones and they require special mounting cords, just have never seen the panasonic model and the customer said that they have had this for years, i tested at demarc, and the touble is in-house for sure. thanks again and will dig deeper.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,677 Shoretel
189,681 CTX100 install
187,874 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Yoda), 129 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024