web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Is there a way to program System Speed Dial number in the following format:

9 1 800 233 3456 W W W W W 111 ?

I need a pause of 5-10 sec and then dial an extension.

Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I didn't mention, but the system limits the number of digits in the system forward bin to 16

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
The w is the pause but you have to check your pause timer. Each W will be the lenght of that time. It's set to 8 seconds in default.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies

Administrator
Administrator
Alex
Is this for a cell phone or a pager?

OP Offline
The dial string is to reach extensions in our main branch. I need to wait for the connection to establish, voice announcement to begin and then I can dial the extension itself.

I made the Pause timer 12sec but the system doesn't appear to wait 12 sec.

Also, the help mentions that there's a limit of 16 digits in the speed dial bin. In my case I need
9 1 888 xxx xxxx W xxx

16 digits. I can input 16 digits, but the last digit is deleted when I press enter in the bin. What gives?

Please, let me know if there's some way to dial a sequence of 2 speed dial bins?

I ran into a similiar problem trying to setup system speed dials for people who had to use long distance codes, 91-XXX-XXX-XXXX W XXXX format. This was about... 9 or 10 months ago and at the time there was no way to chain speed dial bins. If that's changed no documentation I've received said anything. Another thing I noticed while programming it was the pause W caused you to lose a digit in the speed dial bin as if it took up 2 or something, so 91-XXX-XXX-XXXX w XXX is one digit too long in emanager. If it's only one extension you need to dial, you could make some ugly hack in LCR using area routes, then office routes, but that's an unwieldy work around. Next time I call tech support (probably later today) I'll ask if there is any news on this subject or better work arounds.

Edit: Just thought of something, it doesn't have to be limited to one extension at the remote location. If you use a bogus area route, you can then have 999 diff office routes to play with but only 50 modifications to use. So assuming you use 2 or 3 mods for regular lcr, you could massage 47 or 48 diff speed dials through area/office route mods to get what you need.

[This message has been edited by Htown_tech (edited May 12, 2005).]

OP Offline
Thank you for the idea of going through the lcr route, etc.. I'll take a look how is it setup. I don't have experience with this part of configuration - will you be able to give some more details, please?

Ok, here's an example, to setup system speed dial # 200 to dial extension 101 at the number 18885551212.
<Assumptions: LCR FLNP code is 9
LCR Parameters->Maximum Length of LOCAL number is set to 7.
Trunk group 1 is the outbound trunks we want to use.
End Assumptions>

System Parameters->System Speed Dial->System Speed Dial Numbers->Spdl bin 200 = 99971015555

LCR->Modification Tables->Modification 1 = Delete = 10, Add trailing digits = 18885551212W101

LCR->Route Tables->Route 1-> Day/Evening/Night Trunk Group = TG 1, Day/Evening/Night Modification =1

LCR->Area Routes->Area Code= 997, Default Route= DEF

LCR->Area Routes->Area Code 997->Office Routing->Office Code = 101, Default Route = 1

I found another limitation when I tried this out. There are only 32 routes available including the DEF route, so at most you could set up 31 speed dials to work this way since you'd need a different route with a different modification for each separate extension you wanted to dial at the remote location. Hopefully this is understandable. Please can some other tech let us know if there are any simpler and more elegant work arounds to this type of problem?

OP Offline
Really appreciate the sample you provided. I'll try it tomorrow.
Thank you again

Administrator
Administrator
I think what your looking for can be solved with networking.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024